What's new

Good words about the Denon AVR-1705 (1 Viewer)

MichaelPR

Second Unit
Just got this baby in the mail today from Crutchfield and was very excited. After much research I finally found a replacement receiver that I felt had met my needs. I had previously been using the Yamaha RX-V430 which I purchased a little over a year ago for 6ave electronics. The unit was decent and did a good job. But it didn't have any of the features I was currently desiring(Component Video Switching).

So I tried to do some research and could really not find too much information about this unit anywhere online except the basic stats. I decided to pull the trigger on the purchase considering Crutchfields 30 Day guarantee. So when it came this morning I immediately ripped out the Yamaha and shipped it off to it's new owner and installed the Denon.

All I have to say is WOW. The improvement I have gotten out of my speaker system(Paradigm Titans, Atons, C-170) is incredible. I have seen alot of people on here recomend upgrading speakers over the receiver, but damn if this Denon didn't pump some life into m y system.

The sound quality is much bolder and sounds less muffled. On CDs I can hear far more detail with a far livelier flavor. DVDs just sound so much more robust and give you more of that in the moment feel. For anyone else interested in this receiver this is a GREAT entry level model. Now I just can't wait for my Denon DVD 1910 to come!! And I'm adding a PB10-ISD this Friday! I think after this I will have cured my disease:wink:

Robert Cowan

Supporting Actor
cured? NO WAY!

i started with a yamaha rx-v640, then after a week i upgraded to a rx-v1300. its being used as just a preamp now and i have rotel and pass labs amps with it.

in january its getting upgraded to a b&k reference 50v2 and the rotels will get upgraded to b&k reference amps. and the end isnt in sight yet...

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
Wow, 1705, 1910, PB10-ISD, you have an nice little system going on!

I am amazed how nice the 1705 is. Great piece of gear. ONLY thing I wish they did was add at least one more digital in.

You will love it. You seem to have found a great sweet spot in the HT world.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks