Good Will Hunting

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Martin S, Feb 6, 2003.

1. Martin S

Martin S Stunt Coordinator

Can someone tell me if the GOOD WILL HUNTING special edition DVD is still available?

Cheers

2. Jeff*Gray

Jeff*Gray Extra

Great movie, one of my faves and yes it is still around. I just checked dvd.com and bestbuy.com and its available on both sites, but bestbuy is a couple bucks cheaper. Hope that helps.

3. Martin S

Martin S Stunt Coordinator

Thanks Jeff. I've had an order for a little while, with DVDBOXOFFICE for it and i was beginning to get worried.

4. DaViD Boulet

DaViD Boulet Lead Actor

Supposedly the latest version just release is 16x9 anamorphic...even though the packaging makes no mention. *that* might be the version worth picking up!

You can always order the Aliance version from Canada which is also 16x9 and has extras...from what I understand.

-dave

5. Aaron Cohen

Aaron Cohen Second Unit

None of the U.S. releases appear to be anamorphic. I have returned several discs from various different Good Will Hunting boxes. Some said enhanced for 16x9, others did not, none were anamorphic. What utter crap.

6. Trevor Harrison

I just bought it today $30 ouch, well it is full screen for everything (menu's extra's etc) except for the Movie, and the Deleted scenes.

watching the Behind the scenes Full screen 3 minute documentary, wow the quality was so sharp and crisp. That's good for a 1991 29 Toshiba TV.

Anyways, it's the Aliance version, but from what I am getting, it doesn't seem to be anamorphic. The only DVD's out oy my tiny tiny collection that seem to be wide screen for everything (meaning no zoomed menu's, etc) is StarWars Episode I/II. One part or another is Full screen in some way (Matrix for example).I am from Vancouver Canada.

With HD DVD will we see true wide screen DVD's finally? Meaning menu's and extras will ALL be 16:9 format?

7. DaViD Boulet

DaViD Boulet Lead Actor

Trevor...good question about "full 16x9" DVD...i think HD-DVD *will* be 100% 16x9 even for extras...that's the way D-VHS is already. BTW, LOTR DVD (extended edition) is 100% 16x9 too.

BTW, the alaiance version is supposed to be 16x9 anamorphic (for the movie). Are you sure that it is not?

I really wish someone who bought (and confirmed) the new R1 american 16x9 version would chime in...maybe they could tell us what the fine-print on the cover looks like so we could distinguish it from all the other versions floating around...

8. Trevor Harrison

The Movie and the Deleted seens Are 16:9,, but everything else (Including the menu's) are only 4:3.

I watched it last night, and it is good. Now I hope my Lord of ther Rings Exteneded Editition arrrives from FutureShop soon (they say it shipped last Friday, but the tracking said it wasn't picked up until Tuesday). I did free ground shipping.

9. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.