What's new

Good upgrade for a JBL NSP1 speaker set?? Help guys!! (1 Viewer)

Sean Laughter

Screenwriter
Hey all,

OK, I've had this JBL NSP1 (4 N24s and one N-Center) set for about a year now. It's paired with a Sony SA-WM40 subwoofer and an Onkyo TX-DS595.
I haven't done the mod on the Sony yet, but I'm not expecting miracles (of course, I'm not a bass whore either, hehe).

Anyway, I've just got the itch to get some new speakers -- new mains more than likely, and maybe the center too. Since the speakers are a year old these are the original N24 speakers and not the N24-IIs. I'm just wondering if the current N series speakers are still matched with the old ones, and what kind of upgrade would you guys look for?

I think the bass is kinda "ugh" but I can't really afford a big subwoofer (space and money considerations) which is one reason why I thought maybe getting some mains better than the N24's may help with that, not sure though. Anyway, if anyone has any ideas that would be great. Thanks guys.

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
It depends if you like deep bass whether to get a new sub. I'm sure the sony sub can be adjusted to handle the bass that the N24s cut off at.

As for upgrading the mains, I think you can get any Northridge speaker and it will be timbre matched to the ones you already have. I like the N28s a lot, but if you want a floor stand then there's others.

Is your subwoofer corner loaded? I found placement to make a big difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks