What's new

Good universal player? (1 Viewer)

TrevorS

Stunt Coordinator
John Pine -- "Trevor, so there's no difference at all between the two(bass mgnt wise)?"

I didn't say that, I'm merely saying I've yet to read about a universal player that didn't have a bass management issue of some sort (not necessarily the same issue). That's why most people suggest using a surround receiver/processor that provides analog bass management for the multi-channel inputs. Then the player can run full range on each channel (its native mode) and deliver its best sound quality.

Receiver/processor analog bass management is usually more flexible and easier on the sonics than the player would be. However, if you don't have that, then all you can do is look at the different player bass management descriptions (and reviews/opinions) and choose what appears best for you.

If you don't see a good solution, or the player you specifically want won't do the needed job, then many people bought an Outlaw ICBM multi-channel bass management box that sits between the player and the receiver/processor. Of course, that's another box and set of cables to be purchased. Still, lots of people swear by that solution.

Luck -- Trevor :)

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
Trevor, thanks for the clarification! With my HK AVR-525 I don't this will be an issue. I'm considering the Denon 2200 or 2900.

TrevorS

Stunt Coordinator
Hi, John

Well, if the HK provides analog bass management on the multi-channel inputs, you should be in fat city. Speaking for the 2900, just configure the audio "FILTER" to "OFF" (this also forces the speaker configuration to "LARGE") and do all BM at the HK. I imagine the 2200 is similar in setup.

Enjoy -- Trevor :)

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
Trevor: I've only owned it for about a month but I believe it does. Someone please correct, again, if I'm wrong.

Doug_B

Screenwriter
I never had my hands on a HK 525, but did fool around with a 325 not long ago. If memory serves, the 325 does not have analog bass mgmt but does allow digital bass mgmt on its multich input. Yes, it's an extra A->D and D->A, but if the 525 allows this, it's worth a shot listening to the results.

Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks