What's new

Good Timing - Warranty (1 Viewer)

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
It always sucks to have a problem with a vehicle, but the timing was good this time.

I have a 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT and Friday the Airbag Warning Light came on and has stayed on all weekend. The van will be 2 years old the end of next month. The warranty is the standard 3 year/36,000 mile. When the light came on, I looked down at my odometer -- 34,568! Whew!

At the rate I put on miles, I'll be over 36,000 in a few weeks. Actually, the only reason I'm not over 36,000 miles already is last summer we flew to take a cruise instead of the usual 3,000 - 4,000 road trip we do each Summer.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Depending on your luck they may just reset the light and give it back as repaired ;)

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
LOL. I thought of that. Actually, the dealership I take it to is extremely nice and have gone above and beyond to take care of any issues I've had in the past with vehicles I've purchased from them.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Aren't the airbags covered for more than 3 years/36,000 miles? I am thinking they are separate from the vehicle warranty, much like the emissions control warranty for the vehicle.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Or they'll say: "Oh, I'm sorry, your extended warranty doesn't cover airbags, wheels, locks, headlights, windshields, belts, hoses, anything electrical, the exterior, brake pads, muffler, struts, or anything else that has to do with the car." :D

...turning your "WHEW!" into a "WTF?"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks