What's new

Good Times! (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Gregory
Over the last several years, speaker manufacturers have tailored to the budget home theater market in a big way. Companies like ELAC, RBH, Polk and many others have made speakers that have high quality components at low to moderate prices. As a long-time HT geek, I am very happy about the trend. Even though I have champagne tastes and a soda budget (don't drink), I don't feel that I have to compromise on good quality home theater gear. Aint' we lucky we got em!!!

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Over the last several years, speaker manufacturers have tailored to the budget home theater market in a big way. Companies like ELAC, RBH, Polk and many others have made speakers that have high quality components at low to moderate prices. As a long-time HT geek, I am very happy about the trend. Even though I have champagne tastes and a soda budget (don't drink), I don't feel that I have to compromise on good quality home theater gear. Aint' we lucky we got em!!!

I would normally agree but I can't really trust a man who doesn't drink. :)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I would be remiss not to add to this thread and mention how much I'm enjoying my RSL CG3s which are ID only, and are $135 each. I picked them up as rear surrounds for a bedroom 5.0 system.

If I were building a 5.1 HT from scratch on a limited budget, I could easily imagine getting 5 of these and a Hsu VTF-2 MK5 ($539) for a killer setup that would do music and movies justice for just a bit over $1300 shipped (tax as appropriate).

It's definitely a great time to be in the audio/home theater world. So many great options at reasonable prices. The saying "biggest bang for buck" has never been easier to achieve than it is today.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks