What's new

Good sub with Energy Take 5.2 (1 Viewer)

Len Cheong

Second Unit
Can anybody recommend a sub for this system. I know the system is mated with an 8 inch sub but I want to know if there is a better sub out there. If I do go for a larger sub are there any disadvantages sonically?

Jon Van Dalen

Auditioning
Well I have the original take5 system, and I use the subwoofer form the energy Encore system. It's a 10" (i believe?) and it goes lower and louder. Only problem is I have a gap because the take5's dont go very low and the encore doesn't go very high. However, the deep rich sound from the encore sub pleases me and I just plain don't mind the gap all that much. I was going to buy the energy 8" for the take5's but I found someone on this forum selling their encore sub for the same price (normally a $500+ sub!)
So here's what I have to say...
1. Don't buy too cheap
2. Don't get a sub that only goes very low (avoid a gap)
I'm not sure if the brand would matter or not... but all I can say frome experience is don't buy KLH. I didn't think the price tag/brand mattered all that much, and that a sub was a sub and would act like a sub well enough. Well, the KLH 8" I had sounded like some sort of distant bellowing where the energy encore is like a train, or a plane, or an automobile... ot perhaps just a nice bass guitar. Get something reputed to be good by people who know what they are talking about.
Jon

Matt Wallace

Second Unit
I have the original Take 5 and use the Sony 12" sub and they work well together. For less than 200 bucks, you can't go wrong.
Matt
ps- Don't forget to play with AVIA or VE and get them to blend. You should be able to get the xovers to put you close to integration with that 10" sub.
------------------
"And I say I'm dead, and I move"....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks