What's new

Good SUB review sites ?? (1 Viewer)

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
It should be mentioned that all audioreview reviews should be taken with a grain of salt. Some people like to make up a username and post things just to trash a product...

Bill_D

Supporting Actor
Discounting "all audioreview reviews" is a bit extreme. Without a personal audition, it is key to gauge the product among several sources. You will find that the better products are rated highly across them all. Before I found the HTF, I used audioreview.com exclusively to gauge all my purchases with great success.

John F. Palacio

Supporting Actor
Greg_R says:It should be mentioned that all audioreview reviews should be taken with a grain of salt. Some people like to make up a username and post things just to trash a product...
Boy! You cannot emphasize that enough!

I've read real nasty stuff about products which I personally owned or listen to that have been pure bunk!

Ned

Supporting Actor
Most of the posts on audioreview.com are from recent buyers. They generally haven't spent enough time evaluating their purchase and are just really excited to post something asap.

When I posted my review/rating for my B+W CDM 1NT's it was about 3 months after buying them. So I had lots of time to use them and wait for break-in and the euphoria of the purchase was long over.

The other thing is that most people want to say something positive about an item they just bought. How stupid would you look if you bought something and then said it was mediocre or worse?

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
You are in one! This is it. Where people like us tell us what they like and don't like
If you have a sub in mind, how about trying a search on this forum? You will still get opinions, but they will likely be a little more in depth here, not to mention counter points.

DavidD

Auditioning
I am checking out the earthquakesound subs but found 0 hits in this sites so i will try the sites that have been passed on.
THANKS David in Australia

John Desmond

Stunt Coordinator
The more places you look, the better. I think you want to get as many opinions from as many sources as possible. I'd add audioasylum to the list of forums to search. Take your time and read carefully no matter where you find the info.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks