What's new

Good stuff coming to DVD-Audio soon. (1 Viewer)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Phil,
Point well taken. I might buy some of those Silverline titles if they had discrete stereo DVD-Audio tracks. Still, I would prefer more classic titles on DVD-Audio from artists like REO Speedwagon and .38 Special. Of course, classic REO Speedwagon titles would likely come out on SACD (Columbia titles).
Ed,
I am not a fan of Sound & Vision, but they do have some great info. on SACD and DVD-Audio. Last night, I perused the current issue at Borders and appreciated the article on Alison Krauss. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:
It is apropos at this point to make a connection between Sound & Vision and Silverline. Sound & Vision slammed Silverline pretty hard in the current issue for issuing B and C titles of major artists with lackluster sound quality. :)
My only issue with Sound & Vision's coverage of SACD and DVD-Audio is that they basically ignore stereo material. I do understand that Sound & Vision is a home-theater magazine, and they probably have decided to leave the talk of stereo material to Stereophile, the abso!ute sound, and the like, but still, stereo is the standard method for playback of recorded music. As such, stereo SACD and DVD-Audio tracks deserve more reviews and discussion in Sound & Vision. Just my $0.02.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks