What's new

Good speaker setup for around $1500-$2000? (1 Viewer)

Mark_CP

Auditioning
I am setting up a new home theater in my basement and want to make sure I get the most speaker I can for my budget. Currently I use the BA sys9000 with dipole speakers in the back and have enjoyed the qaulity for the $900 I spent on it!

For my new setup, I have about $1500-2000 to spend on speakers and am strongly considering the BASys9500. I understand that the satelites are all upgraded form what I currently have and so is the woofer. I have heard it and it sounds really good to me. But is there something else I should be checking out in the same price range? (I do have my room pre wired for up to '7.1', so upgradability within the same family of speakers is important, I think...)

Thanks!

DanaA

Screenwriter
Mark,

Welcome to the forum, but please adjust your print size. Is there a Fry's near you? If so, Polk RT speakers, already a bargain in my eyes, are half price right now. You could get 7 really nice ones for about a thousand dollars and leave yourself enough money for a really nice SVS sub. If you don't have a Fry's near you, you can check with other chains that carry the Polk. It's my understanding that Polk is making room for their new line of speakers, but the RT's are really nice speakers for the money.

Tony Granatelli

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Mark,
For the record, my first post was also in BILLBOARD size letters...
I chose 12 font when I first signed up to the forum, thinking, "Hey, I type letters in 12 font, why not post replys in 12 font".
By the way, I purchased a complete setup from Cambridge Sound Works and I am quite happy with them :)
go to hifi.com to check them out...
Tony Granatelli

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
I don't think he is aware of the font problem. When I signed up for this board, I set my font to Verdana, size 10. Whenever I post, however, my font looks exactly like Mark's, and can only get it to its intended size by editing the post to remove the font tags that accompany the message.

What should we do to fix the problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks