Good small rear speakers

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by chuck_poe, Jun 20, 2003.

1. chuck_poe

chuck_poe Auditioning

I have a Spica T-50 with HSU subwoofer VTF-2 and looking for a pair of rear speakers that are mountable on the wall. In my case, The speakers can't be bookshelf speakers since it would be too big to mount on the intersect of ceiling and wall. Please advice and share your experience with me.

Thanks,

Chuck.

2. JohnKim

JohnKim Extra

i would suggest mirage avs-100's which i personally own and love since they are small, sleaed design (so no ports to worry about) and sound great at a good price

www.miragespeakers.com

and energy take 2's would be their half siblings

i've also heard nht superzeros are great as well

3. AaronJB

AaronJB Second Unit

Wharfedale WH-2s are affordable, well-made bipole surround speakers. $99 at bestbuy.com or amazon.com

4. Jason.Soko

Jason.Soko Stunt Coordinator

Jamo's are moderately priced and sound great for the value.

5. JohnnyCorona

JohnnyCorona Agent

Dont be scared of book shelf speakers. I have a very small room to work with and I bought a pair of Yamaha NS-5290's for my surrounds and mounted them on the wall. It was easy, I placed them very high and sideways, mounted a 2 link chain to one side on the speaker, and hung it from the wall, the weight of the speaker creates a nice angle downward without having to use any mounting brackets. They sound pretty good for the price too. Paid less than 100 for the pair.

Personally I think bookshelves are the way to go, it adds more deeper freq back there than some of the smaller more compact surrounds. Eventually tho, I plan to purchase 2 more towers and use them as surrounds.

Johnny

6. Albert Damico

Albert Damico Stunt Coordinator

Go visit Axiom's web site. They have quad speakers for rear effects. The models are QS-4's and QS-8's. I have a pair of QS-4's matched with my three Dunlavy speakers across the front. They are nothing short of phenominal. I had tried three different speaker combinations for my rear speakers until I found these. Their on-line price includes 2 day shipping and you get a 30 day trial period. But trust me, you won't be returning them anytime soon. IMO.

7. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Screenwriter