What's new

Good remote in Canada (1 Viewer)

Doug Smith

Second Unit
Wondering if someone could suggest one good remote to replace my remotes for: Marantz 7300 receiver
Toshiba HDX 57 TV
Toshiba 4800 DVD
Zenith VCR
Technics 5 disc CD player
There are a lot of specialty buttons up there.

Christopher Lyn

Stunt Coordinator
What's your price range? I use a Philips Pronto and love it. It has a very strong IR beam and I have had no problems with it learning any of my remotes. The down side is that you need a computer to easily and fully configure the remote.

If you want to spend a little, the Pronto is great, unless you prefer a remote with more "hard buttons."

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
Doug: Visit www.remotecentral.com
They have feature there called the Clicker Picker. Try it and see what kind of results you end up with. Remote Central also has user forums and remote reviews available.
As Christopher notes, the best choice for all of us usually comes down to budget and whether you want a touchscreen or button-based remote. There are many than can handle your system...
Since the touchscreen Pronto has already been mentioned, and since I'm a button remote person, I'll suggest the Home Theater Master MX-500. It can be bought for around $125 US and can run up to 10 devices. It comes with both a pre-loaded code data base and it can also learn commands from other remotes too.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Radio Shack is currently selling the One for all Cinema 6 for $10 when you factor in the sale price and the mail in rebate. The Cinema 6 is a very powerful little remote with good support on the remotecentral site. That said I'm a huge pronto supporter so take a gander at that as well.

PaulT

Supporting Actor
Depends on what you want to spend.
As Chuck said, the MX-500 receives very high marks.
I had my wife order me one for XMas :) and it was available locally (Kelowna) for 349CDN (MSRP). There should be no problems for you finding one in the Lower Mainland.
For Home Theatre Master Dealers in Canada, contact the importer 'In Tandem Canada'
[email protected]
They were most helpful to me finding a local dealer and I received a response via email the same day.

Robert Chow

Auditioning
I just got my MX-500 a couple of weeks ago.
Ordered it online from Costco. They don't ship to Canada so I has it sent to my brother-in-law in California.
The price was $99 US and total was $117 with express shipping. That works out to about $180 CDN.
It was the new GS2 model. Works great. I'm glad I didn't buy the Sony RMAV3000 or Pronto.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NenaSiddall
Recent bookmarks