Good reason to wear a seatbelt

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Brandon_T, Jan 30, 2004.

1. Brandon_T

Brandon_T Screenwriter

2. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

That looks staged. I always wear mine anyways.

3. Erik.Ha

Erik.Ha Supporting Actor

Agree... It doesn't look right... Plus, I always have a cam on my dash pointed at me.

4. Ryan Tsang

Ryan Tsang Second Unit

I rarely wear mine. My GF gives me shit for it.

Staged or not, I think it gives a sense of what it might really be like. Perhaps I should make it a habit.

If it was real, he shouldn't have been driving half asleep.

5. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

"I can make it..."

6. Robert_Gaither

Robert_Gaither Screenwriter

I wear mine because every wreck that I've been in where the car was totaled (luckily for me it was the other guys fault everytime), I was able to walk away with bruises where the belt caught me. Just from a personal perspective you should always where a seat belt just to simply avoid a ticket.

The three other reasons to wear a belt: some states the insurance only have to cover so much if a belt isn't worn, you may have to be in good enough shape to rescue the other loved ones in your vehicle, and last you may have to fight the idiot in the other car physically after the wreck (this happened on my first total out, I thought the guy was bringing the crowbar to rescue me!).

7. andrew markworthy

Not wearing a seat belt is on a par with having unprotected sex and drink driving. Sure, there's a chance that you won't be harmed, but only a moron would take that risk.

8. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

humans are INCREDIBLY terrible at self assesment, especially when it comes to fatigue. Fatigue also tends to affect risk assesment (from a stufy of tired truck drivers in a simulator) so it kind of snowballs methinks.

9. Brandon_T

Brandon_T Screenwriter

It's not staged. The he was using a company vehicle that uses the drivecam system. Drivecam is a company that offers in car cameras to help reduce the risk of wreckless driving and criminal activites in company vehicles.

http://www.drivecam.com

Wonder if that guy kept his job?

10. Bill_D

Bill_D Supporting Actor

I think the job is last thing he was hoping to hold on to as it looks like his head was bouncing out the back window as the car flipped.

11. Rob Gillespie

Rob Gillespie Producer

Where do you get the video codec for this?

The Indeo site wants money for it - like err.. no!

12. Julian Reville

Julian Reville Screenwriter

Jeez, I hope he didn't mess up his Dale Earnhardt T-shirt.
    Little ironic, don't you think?

13. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

Rob, mine played on Xp and Windows media player. It's just an AVI, should be able to get it from MS site.

Brent
    If this was a setup, this guys an idiot!

14. Tom Meyer

Tom Meyer Second Unit

Even after the initial contact with whatever it was that he hit, he still didn't put 2 hands on the wheel ! Moron.

15. Mike Voigt

Mike Voigt Supporting Actor

We've had a couple incidents here lately where someone wasn't wearing a seat belt.

The worst was one guy going over an overpass at one of the highway intersections here. He got into an accident, was flung out of his vehicle, over the "Jersey Wall" side, and dropped 60 ft to the pavement below. No one hit him (how that happened, I don't know, imagine the horror of having someone dropping down in front of you as you're driving along!), but he didn't survive the fall.

Not wearing seat belts these days is an invitation for trouble - whether due to a traffic ticket for not wearing them, or saving one's life and/or limbs in a traffic accident.

16. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Producer

Rich Travale
    People need a "reason" nowadays to wear a seatbelt???
    I thought that it was just common sense and that most people did it without even thinking about it.

17. Holadem

Holadem Lead Actor

Not even, it's much worse. Unprotected sex or drunk driving, while not excusable, can be attributed to impaired judgement resulting from lust or alcohol. No such thing with the simple act of sitting in your car and putting a seat belt on. Unless the excitement of driving to work on a tuesday morning in your '98 accord makes you lose all reason.

Not wearing a seatbelt is simply one of the stupidest things a person can do.

--
    H

18. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Wearing your seltbelts might seem like a nuisance, but it has saved my life a few times, and once you get used to wearing your seltbelt, it feels really strange to be drive even 100 feet without it on.

Be smart and WEAR YOUR SEATBELT WHEN YOU RIDE AND DRIVE!

19. andrew markworthy

Holadem, I was thinking specifically of someone who sets out with the intention of having unprotected sex/drinking and driving, rather than a 'spur of the moment thing'. But taken in the context you interpreted, yes, you're right.

20. Rob Gillespie

Rob Gillespie Producer

I think it pales comapred to drink-driving. Not wearing your own seltbelt just means your likely to splatter yourself. Drink-driving means you're likely to do the same to someone else.

Drink-drivers should be shot.