What's new

Good re-releases in Boston (1 Viewer)

Bill Slack

Supporting Actor
This is a sweet month coming up here for us Boston folks:
This week at the Coolidge (www.coolidge.org) '2001: A Space Odysey' is playing (new 70mm print)
This Saturday, at GC Fenway we have 'The Goonies' playing!
And Feb 1st-3rd at the Brattle (www.brattlefilm.org) Superman and Raiders of the Lost Ark will be playing (both listed as new prints)
And finally, throughout the month at the Coolidge (midnight shows) will be Bottle Rocket, Rushmore, Welcome to the Dollhouse and Happiness.
I am psyched, to say the least. Will be going to 2001 tonite. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Yep. I saw 2001 on Saturday, looking good. It might be a good idea to check with the Coolidge before going, though - certain days it's a 35mm print, if they're using screen 1 for an event.
And, of course, I'm living at the Brattle this week - Donnie Darko Sunday, Sarah Polley yesterday, Jason And The Argonauts & The 7th Voyage Of Sinbad tonight, Peking Opera Blues & Iron Monkey tomorrow, The American Astronaut Thrusday, and Superman & Raiders Friday-Sunday. I may go Sunday, since I'm apparently the only guy in New England not spazzing over the Pats and could conceivably have the theater to myself. :)
Also, don't forget SF/27 on President's Day Weekend, a 24-hour endurathon at the Coolidge with nifty stuff from the restored silent The Lost World to - apparently - the elusive Danny Boyle/Kenneth Branagh/Courtney Cox/Heather Graham Alien Love Triangle, "The Don & Bill Show" with great shorts from Don Herzfeldt and Bill Plympton (also midnights at Coolidge), and the Bugs Bunny Film Festival at the Brattle.
But, yeah, it's looking like a good month.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
i cant find any info for 2001 at coolidge, i would love to see the 70mm print, am i looking in the wrong place? and i couldnt find the info for the midnight bottle rocket shows either. perhaps its not on their website. i'm in boston and would appreciate any help.

CJ

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
argh! i looked at the local time and thought it was the post time! sounds like i need some sleep

CJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks