What's new

good RAD 7.1 setup? (1 Viewer)

Brian Pokosh

Agent
I'm looking into getting a new 7.1 setup and I've been looking at Rutledge Audio Design. I've read only positive reviews of them so that is what I'm leaning towards, but I'm not sure if I should go with 7 Micros or a pair of M-1's for the front, a C-1, and two pair of monitors for the back. Would it help to have 7 identical monitors, and how big a difference is there between the monitors and the M-1. Speaker size isn't a big issue, but $700 vs. $1200 is.

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Brian,

I got your email but haven't had a chance to reply until now. First off, the M-1 and C-1 are no longer available due to the woofers no longer being available. I do have parts for one last C-1 but that's it. I'm replacing the M-1's with a new monitor, currently called the Metals, which use a 5" aluminum cone woofer and 1" titanium dome tweeter. The cabinet dimensions are 12"H x 7.5"W x 9.25"D. These have much better bass response than the M-1s and also have smoother top end. I'm currently doing a full 5.1 system for a customer (should be done with the speakers tomorrow) and will have pics of them then.

The Micros are nice little speakers, but they are small. These are mainly designed to compete with products such as Bose but are much higher quality, IMHO. I've done a full setup with them in a huge living room and they worked well, but they aren't going to go really loud. Also, I've done a setup with a pair of T-1's, a C-1 and a pair of Micros for rears that worked very well. Also, my associate whom I designed the Micros with has built a full 7 channel system using the T-1's, a C-1 and 4 of the Micros. His customer was completely thrilled with them as well.

I don't have a replacement for the C-1 yet but hope to have that done shortly. In the meantime, a single Metal will work fine as well.

Brian Pokosh

Agent
The room is 22' X 13' with a 7' ceiling. Would it be advisable to go with 7 identical speakers? How much are the metals going for?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks