What's new

Good quality speaker switch? (1 Viewer)

Seeking advice here...
I have installed some outdoor speakers that I want to run off my HT receiver just to listen to cds or DVD-V soundtracks while in the backyard. Unfortunately, my receiver doesn't have a speaker A/B switch built-in. Therefore, I am considering purchasing a separate speaker switch that will allow me to switch out my indoor mains and switch in my outdoor speakers as needed. I don't need the ability to run both at the same time, so impedence isn't an issue here.
I know these types of devices exist, but I am concerned that I will be degrading the quality of my mains' signal by running it through a switcher (I'm not concerned about signal quality to the outdoor speakers, but the issue is the same).
Does anybody know of a high quality swticher that won't degrade the sound?
Cheers,
Chris
------------------
Christian A. Sonntag
"The world owes you nothing. Take responsibility for your own actions!"

Alex F.

Second Unit
High-quality units are available from Adcom (adcom.com--listed under "Custom" products) and Niles (nilesaudio.com).
The good folks at Audioadvisor.com have the Adcom GFS-3 ($120), which is rated to safely handle 200 watts/channel RMS.
It's very unlikely that there would be any audible degradation using a receiver. A few years ago I used a speaker switch box of very high quality (it is not available)--such as those mentioned earlier--and could barely, if at all, detect an audible difference using high-end components. And, if you know me from previous posts on this site, I am an extremely difficult-to-please listener.
Also, Audio Advisor has a money-back guarantee.
[Edited last by Alex F. on October 09, 2001 at 02:18 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks