Good Quality Projector Screens

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Cam, Jan 25, 2006.

1. Cam

Cam Auditioning

I'm looking for the best 120" screen I can find. I have a BenQ PE7700, and it looks great projected onto my wall, but I'm looking for one that can give me better contrast and sharpness and a better overall picture, and maybe be less affected by ambiant light. I'm willing to spend up to $400 if the screen is really a difference maker. Any Ideas?

2. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Cam:

Give David a call at Carada Projection Screens and tell him what you have and what you are wanting to do. He will set you up with the best screen for your money. And yes Carada screens do make a big difference to the overall image that you are seeing.

Parker

3. Cam

Cam Auditioning

Thanks for that link, but those screens are too high out of my price range. I'm looking to spend $400 dollars max for the best quality 120"(100"-110" width) I can find, and only if there is a huge difference in quality. I have a BenQ PE7700, which is not top of line by any stretch, but a good value. This is my first projector, and I've only had it 2 days now, so I am just experimenting right now, and in a couple years, I will go for the truely high end stuff.

With this projector, Today, I received a 100" Elite Screens Manual Screen, I believe it is a M100UWV1. And the difference is awesome(compared to my textured wall of course). But the images still kind of seem dark sometimes, and the contrast could be better. I could definitely live with a screen of this calibur for the next couple years, but I do want something bigger, 120" would fit perfectly on my wall. So I am looking to buy a new one, so if I can get one that is even better quality, I am willing to fork out a little extra dough, otherwise I will probably buy a bigger version if this one. Any Ideas?

4. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    Another option is to buy the screen material, such as that used for the Firehawk screens for example, and use it to make your own screen.

5. Jon Sciabica

Jon Sciabica Agent

I think you are going to have to DIY of find something used in that price range.