Good quality mouse for gaming?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott L, Jan 23, 2003.

1. Scott L

Scott L Producer

I've been through 2 mice who's left click button goes soft on me after FPS playing. The first was a cheap Micro Innovations mouse but it surprised me that my current Microsoft 5-button mouse did the same in just 3 weeks. [​IMG]

All I'm looking for is optical, USB, and preferrably side buttons for internet browsing. Any suggestions?

2. KyleS

KyleS Screenwriter

Both of my Microsoft Explorer Optical mice have been running like champs for over a year now. Absolutely no problems, buttons still work like new, and they have 5 buttons for gaming.

KyleS

3. Camp

Camp Cinematographer

I just ordered the Logitech MX-700 after reading all the great reviews on this site. I hope I like it as much as the members here.

I'm getting away from a Microsoft Explorer cordless/optical mouse. I love the feel of this mouse but the damn thing intermittently cuts out every few minutes...it's annoying as all hell to use. Not what I expected from a $80 mouse.

4. Chris Svencer

Chris Svencer Stunt Coordinator

MX700.....it is by far the best mouse I have ever used. Absolutely no lag like other wireless mice. And having charger is awesome, you never have to worry about getting new batteries. It is definetly worth every penny you spend on it.
    -Svence

5. Brian Ruth

Brian Ruth Supporting Actor

I used to have an old-model IntelliMouse Explorer (still do, actually), but one of the ones I had indeed kept cutting out ever so often. I REALLY dislike the new design on them.

I have the MX 500 now. I think its worth it, especially if you aren't quite ready to go cordless. If you are, the MX 700 is functionally the same (same speed, even) with no cord. You likely can't go wrong either way. I'd stay away from the new IntelliMice because I think the design is EXTREMELY poor on them. Logitech, on the other hand, seems to have its thang together. [​IMG]

I DO need a bit more time to get used to aiming with the new mouse, though. My CounterStrike accuracy went down to about 20% from 30 immediately after I got it. Don't be afraid to fiddle around with the mouse settings a bit to get what you want.

6. Dave Sabo

Dave Sabo Stunt Coordinator

I can't think of a single bad thing to say about the Microsoft Optical Intellimouse... and only 25 bucks. I never liked all the extra buttons and stuff or the larger mice.

If you want it for gaming... corded is the way to go, too many gaming-related issues with cordless.

7. Brian Ruth

Brian Ruth Supporting Actor

Dave... which IntelliMouse are you talking about?

From what I hear, the MX 300 does a better job as far as entry level mice go.