1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

good projectors upto $5000

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Shane Morales, Apr 30, 2004.

1. Shane Morales

Shane Morales Second Unit

Please suggest good projectors costing up to $5000. It would go in a large great room where light control is available, but not complete. The room is roughly 30'x30'x18' with many openings to other rooms, halls, etc. One side (left) is open to kitchen. NOT my place (I wish).

Also what about screens? It will be built into the entertainment center so it can come up and down via remote.

Thanks.

2. David Parrish

David Parrish Stunt Coordinator

www.projectorcentral.com

Look at the NEC HT1100 and Infocus 5700/7200 and the Sanyo PLV-70 (has best lumen output)

You also want to decide if you need 4:3 or 16:9 ratio and what media you will view the most.

3. EdR

EdR Second Unit

From the looks of that review at ProjectorCentral, the HT1100 will give you both 4:3 and 16:9 due to the hinged anamorphic lens it comes with. If I was shopping for a new FP, the HT1100 would be at the top of my list.

4. Shane Morales

Shane Morales Second Unit

EdR, why the NEC and not the InFocus ScreenPlay 5700? Just curious.

5. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    Like he said, the fact it comes with an anamorphic lens