Good Projector for $10.000?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by x-mart, Aug 12, 2006.

1. x-mart

x-mart Auditioning

I spared around $10.000 for a projector (sold my 50" plasma).

I have a dedicated theater room with "no" lights..not even a key hole LOL. So it's pure dark.

I currently have complete set of B&W 700 Series Speakers, with Harman Kardon amp and DVD, which performs like a monster, so I need a projector that'll worth to add to my current setup.

2. Bradley_Z

Bradley_Z Agent

3. Leo Kerr

Leo Kerr Screenwriter

be warned about the VW-100 - they seem to require "optical instrument" arc lamps that are rediculously expensive.

4. Stevecatch

Stevecatch Auditioning

And by expensive, he means roughly $800 - 1,000 USD. Though the projector itself is absolutely amazing and can't be beat for the features it offers. It is one of the highest rated projectors ever, but that luxury does come at a cost.

If that's a little more than you'd like, there are some exciting new projectors coming out shortly. Mitsubishi will be displaying their HC5000U at CEDIA, Sharp is releasing their XV-21000, and lastly Sony is making the VPL-VW50, considerably less than the VPL-VW100

5. Nick:G

Nick:G Stunt Coordinator

You can also get a Runco CL-810 for around that price. Granted, it's a 720p projector, it's quite a remarkable one. But what are the dimensions of your room, desired screen size, etc.? These are all important factors when choosing a projector.