What's new

Good Projector Advice needed (1 Viewer)

Fahmi

Auditioning
Im currently in the market for a good projector, preferably DLP with the new HD 2 chip, but dont care , just want a good one that will throw up a nice 106 inch screen. Not looking to spend more than 5000-6000 on it. Any suggestions. Currently im looking at

InFocus Home Screenplay 7200
NEC HT1000
Panasonic PT-L750u
SharpVision XV-Z10000U

Any suggestion would be great

Doug_B

Screenwriter
The NEC HT1000 does not have the HD2 chip. It is a native 4:3 proj (1024 x 768). Have heard good things about it, though, over at avsforum. If your viewing habits are mostly DVD and HDTV, then likely a native 16:9 proj may be more appropriate (you haven't specified why you want a HD2 proj, but the HT1000 will use 1024 x 576 for 16:9 material). Note that the HD2's may be out of your price range, though. You may find the 7200 to be the closest pricewise.

Don't know anything about the Panny. Haven't seen this proj listed as HD2, though.

I recently purchased the 7200. So far I'm happy with it, although I do not have a screen yet and thus have not calibrated it as yet. Good color balance out of the box and plenty bright on my darker-than-medium-pink wall. Does analog cable really well via composite input, and thus far looks a bit better with interlaced component going in than with prog component (from Panny RP91, again based on wall as screen).

Note that there is no vertical offset adjustment for the 7200 (outside of keystoning); you will have a fixed vertical offset from the center of the lens to the top of the screen (if ceiling-mounted) that is ~16% of the height of the screen. If you cannot deal with this limitation in your setup, the 7200 is not for you.

I have been hearing good things about the new Sharp as well, but have not kept up with the latest (trying to avoid buyer's remorse?).

Doug

Fahmi

Auditioning
i got a deal on the 7200 for 7,000 which if its worth it im willing to go for. As for the new HD2 chip, i dont know the compleet difference, all iv heard is a bigger color wheel and no rainbow effect. if this is true then id rather stick with the HD2 chip. Iv been leaning more towards the 7200 more so than any of the others. but the sharp is also catching my eye

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks