Good ProgScan DVD Changer?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Michael Warner, Sep 7, 2003.

1. Michael Warner

Michael Warner Supporting Actor

I'm looking for a decent progressive scan 5 or 7 disc DVD changer. I need the player to have onboard color adjustments such as hue and saturation as my X1 projector doesn't allow color correction on the 480p input. My region-free Malata allows these adjustments but I can't find any such specs for mainstream players by Sony, JVC, Panasonic, etc. Any input would be most appreciated.

2. Eric Stuckey

Eric Stuckey Second Unit

Denon -1815 5 disk player just came out last month and I LOVE mine.

3. Michael Warner

Michael Warner Supporting Actor

Does the Denon have onboard color controls? If so it sounds like what I'm looking for.

4. PeterCB

PeterCB Agent

The Denon 1815 does not have color controls. Neither does their top of the line changer, the 4800. My top of the line Yamaha, the CX1, doesn't either. I am not aware of any mainstream changers that do.

5. Doug_H

Doug_H Supporting Actor

I highly recommend the Kenwood DV-6050. The Faroudja dVDi chip simply makes this a stunning player and bests much more expensive players out there.

The downside is that the remote is the worst I have ever seen and it is a little slow as is the case with most DVD-A play. I looked at many players before placing this one in the theater and the living room.

6. Patrick Williams

Patrick Williams Stunt Coordinator

Integra has a new 6 disc progressive scan DVD/CD player, the DPC-7.4, with true random play modes, and controls for contrast, color, brightness, tint, sharpness, and skin tones (!)It can play back MP3/CD/CD/VCD/CD-R/RW/DVD-R/RW/WMA CD/JPEG CD.

Looks like you can have up to six custom settings - 3 for interlace, 3 for progressive scan.

I think list price is $500.

7. rin

rin Stunt Coordinator

The JVC XV-FA90BK 7-disc changer has picture adjustments(color, tint, contrast, bright, sharpness, gamma, etc.) and I've seen it for as little as $149. It also scales 4:3 LB DVD's to 16:9 and does DVD-Audio.