What's new

Good Progressive Scan Player VS Samsung HD 931 (1 Viewer)

HanLee

Grip
So, when I picked up my new HDTV (Panasonic 47wx53), I jumped on the Samsung HD 931 because of the DVI upscaling. Well I must say that I'm not extremely impressed with the DVI upscaling, maybe I was expecting too much? Now I want to compare this player with another progressive player, since I haven't seen any other sources on the TV besides video coming from the Samsung. I'm looking at comparing something in the same price range, around $300 or less. Does anyone have any suggestions on progressive players that would seriously give the Samsung HD 931 a run for its money, or any good progressive players around this price range?

Hopefully if I find a nice one I can recoup the costs by selling the Samsung.

Thanks guys.

Don_Berg

Supporting Actor
You are correct, upscaling DVD material is hype - you can't improve the resolution beyond the source material. If that were true you wouldn't need HDTV just upconvert old SD programming. I say the top-rated 480p progressive models like the Denon DVD-1600 are the best. They just tested the newer Denons like the $300 Denon DVD-910 and it performed well too. Try one of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks