What's new

Good prices to buy cable online? (1 Viewer)

Lanny_B

Second Unit
I bought a bunch of Monster Cables at my local Ultimate Electronics, and I just figured I could probably be getting them for cheaper online. Where's a good site?

From what I've heard, monster cables are the way to go. I'm still new at this though, and still don't know much about cables. Hopefully I'll be fine with Monster, right?

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
You'll be fine although there's quite a bit of overhead built into the pricing structure of Monster. Someone's got to pay for that advertising and sale incentives that Monster offers. To their credit however, I do believe they've a life time warranty so if you buy them save your receipt. Put it in a baggie and tape it to the back of say your tv.

Lanny_B

Second Unit
So, there isn't a good, cheap place to get all that online?

Are there other brands that are better than Monster for better prices?

Mark Rich

Second Unit
Lanny,

The custom cable makers (IMO) offer the best bang for the buck.
Have you looked at Parts Express? they carry AR series which are pretty good for the money. I'd say they were every bit as good or better than the Monster 3.

Jo_M

Stunt Coordinator
Even cheaper than partsexpress is accessories4less.com. I don't know how their service or shipping is but they're cheaper than PartsExpress.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
You've already bought - so what is the question or are you looking for reassurance?
Which model Video cable did you get? To my mind, this is the most important esp if you have a large display or a HD unit.
All the Monster subwoofer cables seem to be decent.
And Monster is fine for any low-grade sources like the VCR or the CATV box. I really like their bundles of L/R/Video cables. It really keeps the clutter down behind my rack.
So dont worry, be happy :)

Frank Carter

Screenwriter
I prefer AR PRO series to the Monster cables, I used to use Monster everything but now I use most all AR PRO. I still use the Monster sub cable. I sold all my used Monster on ebay, bought AR Pro everything and made some money to boot. I bought everything from www.ac4l.com(accessories for less), they have the cheapest prices I've seen on the PRO series and there service is outstanding. I've made multiple orders from them and used the cheapest shipping method each time and the longest an order ever took was 3 days.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks