What's new

Good price on Sony's SAW-M40 Sub? (1 Viewer)

MikeBoehm

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I came into $150 and figured I'd pick up a sub to finish off my home theater room. Sicne I don't have much to spend, I need something inexpensive. A while ago the Wony M40 had a bunch of people saying it was good so I'm asuming it still is.
Anyway, I found that sub for $200 in most stores, but for as low as $140 online. Of course online means anywhere from $20 - $50 in shipping shich kind of defeats the purpose.
Can anyone recommend the best place to buy things (Specifically the Sony M40) that are heavy (like Subs) and that need to be shipped? (preferably near WI for less shipping? :)
Best I found was TrulyDigital.com for $140 + $20 shipping.
Ah well.
Thanks,
--Mike

GaryBrown

Grip
Although I've heard some good stuff about the Sony sub for its price range, I think you should try considering this Pinnacle AC-100 sub. I've heard good stuff about it and it has a couple of good reviews on audioreview.com . It's on sale at http://www.reliableaudiovideo.com/pinacnewmodi.html for $162.94 which is just a bit more than your price for the Sony. The same sub at Link Removed goes for $299.95 and the pics at Buy.com is more detailed.
I have not bought anything from reliableaudiovideo.com yet but they have some good prices.

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
Gary,
Unless you have heard both, the Sony sounds very good to me. I own one and consider my self to be a bass monster. I would only step up to an SVS unit to replace. IMHO, these are great lil units for the $:)

Jason Hammerly

Supporting Actor
I think K's Merchandise has them for $149 and sometimes onsale for $129 if you have one of them locally. Later.

Jason

Mark Hobbs

Stunt Coordinator
I found the Sony wm40 as an open box at Best Buy. I paid around $170. At the time, it was marked $199, but I've heard they put it on sale from time to time.

I wasn't able to find it online anywhere that they had it in stock and for a good price (once you factor in shipping).

It's a great sub for the $$. Be sure to stuff it with a few handfulls of polyfill. Info on this easy mod is all over the net.

PLENTY of bass for us until we are ready for an SVS.

MikeBoehm

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I ended up doing a Price Match between Sears and Trulydigital.com. Sears is the only store I know of that PMs online stores. You do have to add in the shipping cost though. But at trulydigital.com they had it for $139 and $20 in shipping so $159 which is still cheaper than anywhere else I found.

Only problem is none of the Sears stores had it in stock so I have to wait until this weekend to get it.

Ah well.

Thanks.

Todd Christ

Stunt Coordinator
i found this deal in the Speaker forum....
if you goto http://my.sony.com and "browse" till you acquire 2000 points, you can get the SA-WM40 for $125! with FREE SHIPPING!!!
i just ordered last night after i browsed about 50 pages... AWESOME DEAL!!!!
it's $134 to my door!!!

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
Todd, that is TRULY an awesome deal! I already have one from a few years back and already have my 2000 points @ my.sony.com standing bye, I may need another one ;) For $134 INCLUDING shippping for something that weights almost 40 lbs this is a steal!:emoji_thumbsup:

PatSloan

Agent
I already have one, but this is a great price. Is there any reason I should need two? My room is quite large will having two subs help much? Room is about 25 x 40 feet.

Thanks

--pat

Brent_H

Second Unit
somebody explain about the ployfill on this Sony sub?? I have one and it sounds awesome for the price.....whats the polyfill do??

thanks

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Mike,

I think I put one of the Todds above on to the mysony deal, it really is no stings attached. The great part is they give you 500 points for joining and a bonus of 1500 points for Xmas shopping, the SM40 only runs 2000 points and $125 so you don't ever need to click on one ad.

It really can't be beat at this price range, go get it!

Todd Christ

Stunt Coordinator
just do a web search :)
the bag will be similar to this...
600-Poly.jpg

from the forums, it seems that a bag like this can be had for under $5 at most stores

Lee L

Supporting Actor
Check a fabric or craft store like JoAnn's or Michael's. Even Wal-Mart might have some. It just plain old polyester fiberfill, the type that goes into loose pillows on the sofa.

joe_waite

Stunt Coordinator
Mike,

I think I put one of the Todds above on to the mysony deal, it really is no stings attached. The great part is they give you 500 points for joining and a bonus of 1500 points for Xmas shopping, the SM40 only runs 2000 points and $125 so you don't ever need to click on one ad.

It really can't be beat at this price range, go get it!

where is the xmas shopping that gives you 1500 points??? im stuck at 1200 and it wont let me sign anyone else up or click on anymore links. please help me out here on how to get up to 2000 points. thanks!!

pete sterna

Auditioning
Hey Joe,

I just made my 2000 and then some. You get 500 for joining and 1000 for making a wish list and sending it to someone. Then you get 50 for each person you invite to my.sony.com My daughter got the x-mas bonus and the 500 bonus with out doing anything!

Pete

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks