Good price for this system?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Pat_C, Dec 2, 2003.

1. Pat_C

Pat_C Agent

I found a friendly, professional dealer, who offered to sell me the following system for approximately $1,200. I'm eager to get it, but, given the wealth of knowledge and experience on this board, I wanted to see if anyone had any opinions on the price:

2 Paradigm Titans (fronts)(shielded)
    1 Paradigm CC-170 (center)
    2 Paradigm Atoms (rears)
    1 PDR 10' Subwoofer
    1 Pair of stands for the Titans
    1 Pair of stands for the Atoms

Thanks in advance for your advice.

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    You could probably get a better sub for the same price. Do you have a break down? I think that is coming pretty close to a good deal (all new, assuming). USD?

3. Pat_C

Pat_C Agent

John,

Yes, all items are brand new and in U.S. dollars. I believe the sub is around $350 U.S. The Titans are around $230-240 a pair (because they are shielded). The stands are $99 a piece (so around $200 total). I have found some cheaper deals on indivdual components on the internet, but the shop is roughly a mile and a half from my home; I could pick everything up personally; and I know whom to goto with questions and complaints (if any). So unless this is a patently bad deal for an in-person purchase or I'm missing out on an great deal from a reputable internet store selling the same set-up for less, I'd prefer to go with someone close.

4. John S

John S Producer

I'd say it is a real good deal...

If the sub isn't enough for you, sell it, and buy a different one. Pretty good re-sale on that stuff, I'll bet you wouldn't be out much money at all and in the mean time, ya got a nice sub and full system!!

5. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    I paid $189 for my v3 sheilded Titans earlier this year (~20% off), I'd see if you can knock them down a bit more, especially since you are buying everything at once. If they give 100% trade in value within 1yr, then I'd say go for it. I only deal with my one local Paradigm dealer as well, since the prices do not vary that much.

Paradigm does not allow any of its dealers to sell online, so there is no way you will be missing out on a web deal.

S30 or S26 stands? Though they are shorter, I prefer the S26s.

6. Pat_C

Pat_C Agent

John G.

Thanks for your advice. I'll see what I can do.

I'm not sure which stands, actually. I didn't know they had different sizes. If you don't mind me asking, why do you prefer the S26 speaker stands?

Did your $189 include tax etc.? The $1,200 is the out-the-door price, which includes everything I have listed above.