Good price for Paradigm's?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jason Bullis, Sep 20, 2002.

1. Jason Bullis

Jason Bullis Auditioning

I am new to this home theater thing. I have been getting educated by my local shop. I am looking to buy a set of Mini Monitor's, PDR-12 sub, CC-370 center, and yet to decide on the rear one's. What are fair prices to pay for these.
    Thanks in advance[​IMG]
    Jason

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    10-15% maybe 20% off MSRP in the US. Where are you located? Check audiogon.com, I saw a pair of Minis V2 for $250
    Since you are considering these, perhaps you should take a look at Axiom. The M3Ti is less than the Minis, has clearer midrange, but less bass. I have Monitor 5s and Minis, but I was very impressed with the Axioms for the comparative price. I compared the M3 back to back with my Minis in my system.

3. Ken Custodio

Ken Custodio Second Unit

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/buyer...-speakers.html
    The above link has the list prices of Paradigm and Paradigm Reference Line as well as other manufacturers.
    If you buy them in the US, it seems like getting the speakers from your local dealer for 15% to 20% cheaper than the list price is an average price. If you are a good haggler you should get an even better deal.

4. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Those prices are US MSRP. There are few Paradigm dealers, so price competition is minimal. 20% is the BEST I was able to haggle my dealer down to, and I have been dealing with them for many years. I would not call 20% an average discount for Pardigm, nor would I count on haggling lower than that. I have gotten demo, excellent condition 'Digms for more than 50% off though.