What's new

Good places to buy projector on line???? What are your experiences? (1 Viewer)

Curt Luther

Stunt Coordinator
Even though I am a month out or so before I can use a projector I am going to buy now...or as soon as I can find a Sanyo Z2 or Panasonic 500 in stock. Has anyone ever purchased from either Alliant or Projector Warehouse? Does anyone have any other recomendations? I called one place and they laughed when I asked them when the Sanyo would be in stock.
Thank you for any suggestions.

RobLJ

Stunt Coordinator
I hear alot of suggestions for projectorpeople.com. I'd also like to hear people's input.

Bob Maged

Stunt Coordinator
I bought my Panasonic PT-L200U from Projectorpeople.com last summer and would recommend them to anyone. Ritzav and Visualapex are also highly regarded over at the avsforum.

JoshuaT

Stunt Coordinator
I prefer to buy brick and mortar... Having someone to be able to hand the projector back to is always a plus for me. Plus having a service technician is good as well. I haven't heard anything bad about projectors, but the 'rents had an issue with a plasma purchased via click and order. Just a thought.

DuWayne

Stunt Coordinator
Here you go....

Mike Goebel
AVP Sales Supervisor
800-619-1730 x. 129 (toll-free)

He made sure I got my Z2, as promised.

Curt Luther

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks so far for the suggestions. I would also like to buy from a real store Joshua, the only problem is there is only one store even close to me (40 miles away) that sells projectors and all they sell is high end Runco's. I have even looked as far as 100 miles and can't find anyone that sells Sanyo or Panasonic. I have never been comfortable spending that much money on line.

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter
I got mine from Visual Apex also. No problems; so far haven't needed any support, either. As for immediate support, well, it was Panasonic and under the PanaZIP program, so I don't think I would have had any troubles, anyway.

Leo Kerr
[email protected]

Torgny Nilsson

Second Unit
I got my projector from projectorpeople.com. The sales rep I dealt with, Todd Reed, was very patient and helpful in answering my many questions and in helping me decide what projector was best for me given my home theater set up and price constraints.

While Projector People only gives you 7 days from receipt of your projector to decide whether you like it or not, they will take it back--either for exchange or for your money back--with no restocking fee if you don't put more than 4 hours on the lamp (there is a 15% restocking fee if you put more hours on the lamp). That is a better return policy than any other retailer I have seen.

ChadLB

Screenwriter
I bought my Z1 from projectorpeople and had excellent CS from there as I had a problem with my Z1(Dead Pixel) in main viewing area. Between dealing with PP/there contact and sanyo I must say I am very happy.

Curt Luther

Stunt Coordinator
Thank you to everyone for your input on places to buy. I made a decision yesterday and bought the Sanyo Z2! It was hard for me to buy it without previewing it first but no one even close to me sells it. I don't think I will be disappointed based on everyones comments and reviews. I ended up buying it at Alliant Solutions in California. They have 35 coming in on Monday and I was number 35. I had to find a place that excepts paypal from my checking seeing how I do not have a credit card. I thought it was a good price: $1990.00 with free shipping. Should show up end of next week. Thanks again.

BruceCampbell

Auditioning
I am in in the same boat....Have about a month before I can use a Z2 but looking to order now. I have been in contact with Projector Peaople(PP) and NationalProjector.com (NP). I will probably end up going with National as they are in Oregon and I am in Florida so I don't have to pay sales tax. PP is in Tampa so I would end up paying another $140 in tax. Also, was not happy with the rep I had at PP. It was her way or an attitude. NP's rep has been extremely helpful....plus they are selling it at $1949 another $50.00 savings. ( this money I can use for some good cables. (CatCables.com)

JackLonn

Agent
Projectorpeople got my business for my HT1000. Got it on time. I was a little suprized, though, to see it shipped in the same box you'd pull off a shelf. Seemed kind of weak for a $4,000 item. Still, shipping was free, so I guess I got what I paid for.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks