Good PC Star Wars Game?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by DeathStar1, Sep 12, 2003.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

I'm getting frustrated that all these cool looking SW games seem to be coming out for the PC and Xbox as exclusives, and the Gamecube seems to get a splattering of them released..(Minus the great rouge Squadron games)....

So, can anyone recomend a good SW PC game that's been released in the last 2 years? Plus a decent joystick to use with it? One of the reasons I stopped playing PC Games is because I was never sure of the best joystick to get and playing with the keyboard was frustrating..

Thanks

2. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

I've always loved the Jedi Knight series myself. Get Jedi Outcast, easily one of the best 1st person shooters ever made. If you can find the Limited Edition tin, it includes the previous 2 games also (along with a nifty lightsaber keychain).

The sequel, Jedi Academy is coming out very soon too.

3. JamesHl

JamesHl Supporting Actor

Unfortunately you won't need a joystick to play any star wars games for the pc released in the past couple of years, because SW: Alliance was the last space combat sim that they released, and it's like 4 or 5 years old.

Jedi Outcast is pretty fun, I have to agree.

4. Joshua Moran

Joshua Moran Supporting Actor

Knights of the Old Republic is coming to the PC in Oct. I can tell you now it is the best Star Wars game that has come out in 4 or 5 yrs. SW Galaxies is starting to pick up too.

5. Scott_MacD

Scott_MacD Supporting Actor

The X-Wing series were all really good, and worth learning to play. Shooting down the Rebel scum in Tie Fighter with my skillful maneuvering and unshielded craft, memories.. Great dogfighting game.

Another vote for Jedi Knight and it's sequel. Although the games don't really take off until we get to use our lightsaber Jedi powers and fight the Empire.

6. Jean-Michel

Jean-Michel Supporting Actor

Jedi Academy is outstanding. Much better than Jedi Outcast, IMO. And no joystick is really needed since (like pretty much all first-person shooters) it controls best with the standard mouse + keyboard combo.

TIE Fighter is probably the best of the dogfighting games. They released an enhanced version a few years back adding 3D accelerator/Win95 support using the X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter engine. As for a joystick you don't give us an idea of how elaborate/expensive you want to go so this is just a shot in the dark, but the Thrustmaster Top Gun USB is a very good budget stick that can be had for $20 or less.