Good Old WallsMart

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian Johnson, Mar 5, 2002.

1. Brian Johnson

Brian Johnson Supporting Actor

(Walmart that is, if you dont watch MAD TV you wont get the joke)

But anyways. Last night on of me & my girlfriends late night shopping sprees I ran across Independece Day 5 star collections for $14.96.

Also picked up the OOP Total Recall Special Edition for $14.96.

They also had ooodles of Superbits but nothing of interest to me, Dracula,5th element,Air Force1, etc for 19.99.

Proving that sometimes you CAN find a deal at Walmart.

2. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Sorry, guy...ID4 is on sale for $12.99 at Best Buy this week.

And the Total Recall SE should not be OOP; you're thinking of the different "unlimited" cover that Wal-Mart decided to stock for this title instead of the one in the round red tin that looks like the surface of Mars (they also stock Basic Instinct SE, released the same day, in the similar "unlimited" cover, instead of the limited version that is clear and comes with a pen that looks like an icepick).

I hope that clears things up! Cheers,

3. Tom Rags

Tom Rags Supporting Actor

Just a clarification David-

If ID4 at WalMart is truly the 5-Star 2 disk set, then this is a good deal. The ID4 for $12.99 at Best Buy is the one-disk new bare-bones release.

4. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Ah, an oversight on my part! Thanks for the correction,

5. Chet_F

Chet_F Supporting Actor

Correction Tom:

I just bought the 5-star Independence Day Sunday at BB for

12.99 in the Twin Cities...they had 3 left. Guess I got lucky.

6. GlennH

GlennH Cinematographer

Glenn
    I get the impression that some retailers are getting confused over these new one-disc movie-only editions from Fox. It seems that the older two-disc special edition versions still in stock are being repriced to the lower price too. Or is that what is intended, i.e., to also lower the price of the two-disc version to clear them out. I don't know.

Anyway, it could be a bargain opportunity while they last on the shelves.

7. Brian Johnson

Thanks for the heads up. I seen the Best Buy ad & thought ID4 was the single disc edition for 12.99 so I didnt even think about that one. Wasnt aware of the special WallsMart edition of Total Recall. Regardless, where else can you get these good deals at 2 a.m. [​IMG]
    Also picked up the Sauder 2650 Audio/Video Storage Cabinet for $80 bucks at the WallsMart today. Best price I could find in town was $100 at a K's Merchandise.
    http://www.sauder.com/PRODUCTPAGE.AS...%2FV%5FStorage
    Very nice piece of furniture. States 250 dvd capacity. So far it held my 65 dvds all on the top rack. So going on this 65 x 4 I should get about 260.

8. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm

9. Chad Gregory

Chad Gregory Supporting Actor

Malcolm,

The most confusion on Cast Away comes from the fact that the covers are almost identical. The original SE had "special edition 2-disc set" in very small print and the new one doesn't. Well above the common Best Buy employee's know-how to recognize the difference.

-Chad

10. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

Brian... I also have the Sauder 2650 DVD cabinet... it is GREAT (once you get it together [​IMG] )
    [​IMG]

11. Brian Johnson

I hear ya Rob. At least 2 hours of my life put into that building that. Luckily just about every piece of furniture/storage we have in the house is Sauder. So I was familiar with their build design.
    Oh . BTW. Went to BB last night. All out of the good sale DVD's. Only found the single disk ID4, but the 12.99 dvds were totally gone. So I suspect that was the 5 star collection they were getting rid of. Killer price if you can get there on sunday. I still picked up 4 ten dollar dvds [​IMG] And 2 over at CC. And 2 at K's merchandise