Good news or not for Farscape?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ron McBadger, Dec 13, 2002.

1. Ron McBadger

Ron McBadger Stunt Coordinator

2. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

Well, if it means no more Bonnie Hammer...
    As for Farscape, maybe he'll revisit it if the last episodes do extremely well. I don't know what other effect he'll have on the network, but that snippet seems to suggest more co-productions. I know Sci-Fi will be co-producing a "lawyers in 2053" show with CBS for next fall, and there was originally talk of finding a broadcast partner for Battlestar Galactica (with UPN being mentioned).
    His IMDB listing shows some decent credits, especially in the sci-fi area. But who knows how that will translate to upper management?

3. PaulHeroy

PaulHeroy Stunt Coordinator

Does this mean Bonnie Hammer is out? PLEASE let that be the case. I don't know anything about Stern but there's not much room for making things worse at Sci-Fi than Hammer's planned mix of psychics, horror and non-genre stuff that's attempting to turn the channel into another TNT or USA.

4. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

What makes you think Bonnie Hammer is responsible for all of this? It could be a move to cement the current direction of the Sci-Fi Channel.

To be honest, we don't know what this means, but I'm pretty sure this won't change the fate of Farscape.

Jason

5. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

Well, Bonnie Hammer has said and done some remarkably dumb and petty things. I wasn't a fan of The Invisible Man, for instance, but it was doing pretty well for Universal; if I recall, it got cancelled because the producers initially asked for a two-year commitment rather than a single-year one.

Stern, at least, has some decent production and writing credits; I've got more faith that he'd be in touch with the station's audience than I do with Ms. Hammer.

Anyway, they've got different job descriptions - Stern would report to Hammer. Still, one could hope he'd act as a filter to prevent ideas like "alternate reality television" from ever reaching her.

6. Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin Screenwriter

I don't have the link but acccording to The Hollywood Reporter, he is reporting to Bonnie Hammer.

7. Ron McBadger

Ron McBadger Stunt Coordinator

So much for thinking there was a chance that Hammer was on her way out the door[​IMG]
    but like Jason said maybe he can act like a filter to prevent her from doing stupid things[​IMG]

8. SpenceJT

SpenceJT Second Unit

Jeff Spencer
    Perhaps we can help Stern enact a coup in the programing department!