What's new

Good news in the 3D display arena (1 Viewer)

whyme?

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
michael mcgee
I just found out that Asus has just introduce a 16 inch display laptop.A pro art studio book.It has glass free 3D. It contains inside the screen eye trackers so it won't mess up. Although the the review did not mention that it includes USB inputs so one can connect their external Blu ray 3 D optical drive or internal version , with a cable converter , I'm sure it has them. It does require 3D Blu ray app ,like pro win12 or Cyberlink 19 DVD fab ultra player .May be if the prices drop and more buy Companies will offer polaroid 3D folders with option of 2D ,top and bottom, frame packing side by side anaglyph and glass free version. Making easier for owners to buy for this format on Internet or rent.Their is one more problem,the price. At this moment it is over 30000 dollars.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I take it this would be for gaming? I can’t see myself wanting to watch movies on it.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It looks like it could.be useful for designers in general, not just games; that is if it could be adapted to work with CAD programs or design software like Solidworks.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I take it this would be for gaming? I can’t see myself wanting to watch movies on it.
Watching a.movir on a 16"" screen from less than 2 feet away isn't much different to me than watching a 77" screen from 8' away. The question is whether it works with rapidly moving images.it appears to be designed for static images.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Watching a.movir on a 16"" screen from less than 2 feet away isn't much different to me than watching a 77" screen from 8' away. The question is whether it works with rapidly moving images.it appears to be designed for static images.
As someone who watches a lot of shows on an iPad, small screen viewing is very different from big screen viewing. At the core of it, near-vision focus viewing feels different viscerally than distance-vision focus.

Everyone's different and if it watching a laptop screen feels the same as watching a movie theater screen, that gives you even more options. But that's definitely not how it is for me.

JagdTiger

Auditioning
Real Name
Robert
I just found out that Asus has just introduce a 16 inch display laptop.A pro art studio book.It has glass free 3D. It contains inside the screen eye trackers so it won't mess up. Although the the review did not mention that it includes USB inputs so one can connect their external Blu ray 3 D optical drive or internal version , with a cable converter , I'm sure it has them. It does require 3D Blu ray app ,like pro win12 or Cyberlink 19 DVD fab ultra player .May be if the prices drop and more buy Companies will offer polaroid 3D folders with option of 2D ,top and bottom, frame packing side by side anaglyph and glass free version. Making easier for owners to buy for this format on Internet or rent.Their is one more problem,the price. At this moment it is over 30000 dollars.
I know this not a laptop but a tablet but this is also no googles required.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks