What's new

Good News for Pioneer 49TX owners, plus good and bad news for Denon 5803 owners (1 Viewer)

DanielSmi

Second Unit
Here's a link about the single cable hi-res audio connection. Denon has announced it has the ability to pass all DVD-A's throught it's DENON link cable and should be releasing an upgrade, also they say they it's very likely they won't be able to implement SACD capability on to the Denon-9000. For Pioneer there is new of an upgrade for 49tx owners for $500 that will give them iLink. In the artilcle it says 49TXi will have upgrade but I think it's safe to assume that is a misprint and they meant the 49TX. What's the point of upgrading the 49TXi to iLink capability if it already iLink capability. plus since Denon will beable to pass all DVD-A know I would expect Pioneer to follow suit soon and provide an upgrade. There's also a section on Meridian SmartLink. here's the link to the article:
Hi-resolution Audio on One Cable

RajeeK

Second Unit
Good info for us early 49TX adopters. Although I don't think I'll do it myself, it's good to know Pioneer really backs up their flagship.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks