What's new

Good news for early Genesis fans... (1 Viewer)

David Tolsky

Supporting Actor
A re-mixed 5.1 version of The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway is due out in September to commemorate the 30th anniversary of the original release. I'm pretty excited about this. Not sure if it's SACD or DVD-A but I think it's SACD.

www.genesis-music.com Click on NEWS

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
The band's current engineer/producer, who worked on this (and the 'Trick of the Tail' surround disc, and the 5.1 mixes for the video anthology), has said to expect DVD-A in North America (Genesis is on WEA here).

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
Great news, though at first I thought that 'early Genesis' meant something from the Jonathan King era.

I am definitely showing my age.

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
I hope they are remxing the stereo tracks for better sound & not because they want to "fix" or "modernise" it. I wish they had remixed the stereo track of Yes' Fragile dvd-audio because soundwise it sounded barely better than the CD version. And compared to the remixed surround track it was no comparison: the 96/24 stereo track sounded dull, lacked bass and overall sounded like a record that had been played too many times with a worn stylus.

I am NOT saying I want a remix to include artificially boosted highs/bass, just that it be mixed/mastered with the quality of today's home playback equipment in mind.

David Tolsky

Supporting Actor
I wonder what they could do with Seconds Out. I'd love to have a 5.1 remix of that. I'm still waiting to see if the old film Genesis: I Know What I Like will ever see the light of day on DVD. Right now it's just a pipe dream.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks