What's new

Good news about Blue, White & Red DVD features (1 Viewer)

Tim RH

Second Unit
Can't wait for these discs!
From THE DIGITAL BITS:

Great news! We've just heard from Buena Vista that Miramax's Krzysztof Kieslowski's Three Colors Trilogy DVDs (Blue, White and Red - set for 3/4) will be special editions! All three of the discs will feature anamorphic widescreen video (1.85:1 aspect ratio), with Dolby Digital 2.0 audio in English and the original French.

Bonus features on Red (aka Rogue) will include several featurettes (Insights into Trois Coleurs: Rouge, A Discussion on Working With Kieslowski, A Conversation with Irene Jacob on Kieslowski, Krzysztof Kielowski's Cinema Lesson, Behind the Scenes with Krzysztof Kieslowski and Red at Cannes 1994), audio commentary with film scholar Annette Insdorf (author of the book Double Lives, Second Chances: The Cinema of Krzysztof Kieslowski), an interview with producer Marin Karmitz, actor Irene Jacob selected scenes commentary, editor Jacques Witta interview/commentary, the original theatrical trailers and a Kieslowski filmography.

Bonus features on White (aka Blanc) will include more featurettes (A Look at Blanc, A Discussion on Kieslowski's Later Years, A Conversation with Julie Delpy on Kieslowski, Krzysztof Kieslowski's Cinema Lesson and Behind the Scenes of White with Krzysztof Kieslowski), audio commentary with Annette Insdorf, an interview with Marin Karmitz, actor Julie Delpy selected scenes commentary/interview, original theatrical trailers and a Kieslowski filmography.

And finally, bonus features on Blue (aka Bleu) will include still more featurettes (Reflections on Bleu, A Discussion on Kieslowski's Early Years, A Conversation with Juliette Binoche on Kieslowski and Krzysztof Kieslowski Cinema Lesson), audio commentary with Annette Insdorf, Marin Karmitz interview/selected scenes commentary, actor Juliette Binoche selected scenes commentary, Jacques Witta interview/commentary, original theatrical trailers and the Kieslowski filmography.

Tony Stirling

Stunt Coordinator
I am very happy to hear this--these are among the best films of the last decade. Finally, everyone will have a chance to see these. The extra features sound great. This set will be a sure buy...

[sigh] Time to start saving...

tony

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
That's great to hear!
Glad Miramax is treating THE trilogy of all trilogies with the respect it deserves.
Can't wait.
Now where's that release announcement for Punch-Drunk Love? ;)

Eujin

Supporting Actor
Hopefully, Miramax will give us nice transfers to go along with the nice extras. If they do, it'll be awesome! I can't wait...haven't seen these films since '96, when I saw all three in a marathon at a little theater in Oxford, England.

well.... my desire is that they include spanish subtitles for these movies.... God... you can listen to me, please?

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Sounds pretty close to a port of the extras from the R2 discs. I'm very happy, I was afraid BV would bare bones them.

Gabe Oppenheim

Stunt Coordinator
Hey, this is great news! I'm especially excited about the Insdorf commentary tracks; her book offers an excellent, if non-scholarly, overview of Kieslowski's life.

I would expect a supplement of this caliber on a Criterion title, not on a Miramax one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks