What's new

Good News.....A Hard Day's Night is on the street..at least the stockroom (1 Viewer)

Steve Meskell

Second Unit
Well in may not be on the store's shelves but my "E"tailer
has it in stock but they told me they can't send them out till next Wed. :frowning: But they will over(Hard day's)night it for me.....:D

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for pointing that out Peter. Steve, please either spell out the acronym in the subject (preferred) or at least in your message.

Steve Meskell

Second Unit
Kyle if you look close enough the title is in my message.
But since I started reading HTF I had to put up with...
BTTF,LOTR,ST:TNG...ect
;)

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
Steve...spelled out? It sure isn't which is what I asked you do. It's just proper to at least spell it out in your message.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Kyle if you look close enough the title is in my message.
But since I started reading HTF I had to put up with...
BTTF,LOTR,ST:TNG...ect

steve then why would you add to the problem and frustrations of that by also doing it yourself?

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Steve has a good point about the rampant abbreviation of popular movies on this Forum, though! :)
AOTC, ID4, SW:ANH, BTTF ... PDQ ... BBC ... B.B. King ...

MarkBurton

Second Unit
Nice one, Jack. That was Georgie Wood with "Can you Dig It?". And now we'd like to do "All The Angles Come".

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Is anyone going to keep their old copy of this DVD. I plan to keep my other copy since I am a collector by nature, and I like the cover art on the first release, better.

I was frustrated a while back with the abreviation LOTR. I couldn't figure out what that meant and it was never spelled out in any posts. So it is a good thing to spell it out at least once and assume a few of us are a little slow on the "uptake".

greg_t

Screenwriter
Does anyone know the true technical details of this release yet? Is it going to be full screen or anamaphoric widescreen? Will it have the original stereo soundtrack?

Ken Stuart

Second Unit
LOTR
The worst part of abbreviations/acronyms (which are my Internet pet peeve, in fact) is that many different things have the same abbreviation.
In this case:
Legend of the Rangers
and
Lord of the Rings
which are both movies which came about very roughly around the same time. :frowning:

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Does anyone know the true technical details of this release yet? Is it going to be full screen or anamaphoric widescreen? Will it have the original stereo soundtrack?
1.66:1 anamorphic widescreen with the remastered 5.1. AHDN never had a stereo soundtrack except for the video versions which dubbed in the CD tracks for songs. The 5.1 remix keeps the movie mono, but opens up for the songs.

Paul Rutan did a terrific job restoring the film, so this new DVD should look fantastic.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
A great, classic movie featuring the members of the greatest group of all time! I can't wait for this one!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks