What's new

Good Neighbors/The Good Life Series 4? (1 Viewer)

Hi everyone -- I recently picked up Good Neighbors: The Complete Series 1-3 and have had a wonderful time rediscovering this great show. I know Series 4 was available through a different publisher at some point, but I understand that set has now been discontinued. (I also hear it wasn't terribly good, quality-wise.)

Here's my question: does anyone know if BBC Home Video intends to acquire the Series 4 license and put out a new set for the final season, or are we stuck with trying to find the OOP/inferior version?

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I have no idea what the current plans are, but the season 4 dvd (actually a 2 dvd set), while not as superb as the recent 1-3 release, is still very much acceptable. It includes all of the episodes, as well as the Anniversary special. Yes, it doesn't look as pristine as the new ones, and yes, it has the americanization on the credits (with Good Neighbors sloppily overriding The Good Life), but it's still well worth getting if you're a fan.

John_S

Stunt Coordinator
I agree with George regarding the previously released season 4 set-- the video quality isn't quite as "Good :) ", but it's okay, and the season is worth having if you enjoyed the others.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks