Good Neighbors/The Good Life Series 4?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Jason Bennion, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Jason Bennion

Hi everyone -- I recently picked up Good Neighbors: The Complete Series 1-3 and have had a wonderful time rediscovering this great show. I know Series 4 was available through a different publisher at some point, but I understand that set has now been discontinued. (I also hear it wasn't terribly good, quality-wise.)

Here's my question: does anyone know if BBC Home Video intends to acquire the Series 4 license and put out a new set for the final season, or are we stuck with trying to find the OOP/inferior version?

2. george kaplan

george kaplan Executive Producer

I have no idea what the current plans are, but the season 4 dvd (actually a 2 dvd set), while not as superb as the recent 1-3 release, is still very much acceptable. It includes all of the episodes, as well as the Anniversary special. Yes, it doesn't look as pristine as the new ones, and yes, it has the americanization on the credits (with Good Neighbors sloppily overriding The Good Life), but it's still well worth getting if you're a fan.

3. John_S

John_S Stunt Coordinator

I agree with George regarding the previously released season 4 set-- the video quality isn't quite as "Good [​IMG] ", but it's okay, and the season is worth having if you enjoyed the others.

4. Jason Bennion

Thanks, George and John, for the input. Looks like I'll be questing for the OOP version!