Good Neighbors: The Complete Series 1-3

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by John_S, Jul 2, 2005.

1. John_S

John_S Stunt Coordinator

For fans who may not be aware, "Good Neighbors: The Complete Series 1-3" was released a couple of weeks ago. I've finished watching my set, and was very happy with it. Picture quality was much better than "The Final Season" released previously, and much better than my VHS copies.

2. Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt Producer

Yep! I finished mine last week. It was great watching the WHOLE thing from start to finish. The extras were good too. Most noteworthy was the reason that it was cancelled - they ran out of ideas!

What I did find funny though, was that the new set showed 'Good Life' - while my old set showed 'Good Neighbors'.

Glenn

3. AndyMcKinney

AndyMcKinney Cinematographer

The Good Life is the correct title for this series, as that is the title it went out under in Britain. When it was sold to PBS stations, the show was, for whatever reason, re-titled Good Neighbors (American spelling and all), much like Grace and Favour was retitled as Are You Being Served? Again! in the States.

Nice to see that BBC Video/WB elected to keep the original titles intact, even though I'm not a fan of this programme.

4. ChrisPearson

ChrisPearson Second Unit

The 1975-77 BBC series The Good Life was renamed Good Neighbors in the US to avoid confusion with a 1971 NBC series also called The Good Life.