What's new

Good Music Speakers for PC? (1 Viewer)

Bluefox

Auditioning
Real Name
jake
I need a new speaker since the one i have Harman kardon Soundstick III is old now and i had problem with it. I have been looking at this speakers my budget is around 500 euro for 2 speakers.
It should be conected to my Asus Xonar STX audiophile soundcard which usualy conect by RCA.
mostly to use with Music and watching movies in my room.
I dont have any shop with speakers near me so can not try them must buy on internet
I am not so experienced with speakers just want good ones.
can someone help me choose speaker this is my contenders:

1. B&W Bowers and Wilkins 686 S2
I like B&W and i always wish i had a speaker from them now maybe i should
Price 500 euro for pair 2 speakers i have 500 euro so i can buy them.
My heart is set on B&W, I probably won't be happy until I Fulfilled that wish

Question is what AMP do i need for B&W so i can conect it properly to the PC with RCA cable
will Lepai Lepy LP-2020A be enough

cBenD6J.jpg

2. DALI ZENSOR 1
My second on the list isget 2 speakers for 290 euro
Need Amp i have choosen Lepai Lepy LP-2020A for this one
BG2AVT1.jpg

bhDt4Ll.jpg

65OknvG.jpg

3. KRK Rokit 5
310 euro 2 speakers
jpz4MF7.jpg

Last edited:

Bluefox

Auditioning
Real Name
jake
I dont know so much about speakers, i only have my Harman kardon Soundstick III and new one they lasted over 6 years.
I was thinking that i need a easy setup i get so confused by the cables, i thank for the suggestion you make
of the ones i like that i found i think KRK 5 and 6 are Powered speakers (also think they are active) which make them easy conect to pc
and power them without a amp which looked complicated for me.
i also have little space on pc table, but the shop offering KRK have a good floorstand for them cheap also.

I wish however i could buy the B&W or Dali seem such a good speakers for the price
but the setup seem dificult, i am conecting it to Pc by Rca.

Bluefox

Auditioning
Real Name
jake
Before Harman Karmon soundstick III in 1998 had this SONY speakers they was powerful for a sony hifi
but i dont remember the specs, MHC-W777AV hifi, hooked them up to a pc sounded good.
but they was expensive
th8fSd4.jpg

Bluefox

Auditioning
Real Name
jake
I been thinking and i want Active speakers no need for amp i think the Dali then can be ruled out
Could this speakers be a good choice, i know they are pricey but my budget allow it
https://www.amazon.com/Bowers-Wilkins-MM-1-Hi-Fi-Speakers/dp/B003R6U6HG

They look a little smale but having little desktop pc space i could benefit from that
My only concern will the B&W MM1 be able to conect to PC Asus xonar STX soundcard over RCA
AUX input on the backside of B&W is for RCA right?

i dont want to conect via USB, i want conexion same as i have now which goes by RCA im happy with that
adjust anything with my Asus soundcard Equalizator

I know Pc speakers would be best but i love to have Audio sound and i think this B&W MM1 speaker
would give me that, is not studio speakers but as close you can get for that price and at that size.

only concern is if they have RCA (AUX is RCA right)
it need to conect to my soundcard

Good thing about B&W MM1 is that i can get them 430 euro now instead of 500 euro
thats a good discount

Last edited:

Bluefox

Auditioning
Real Name
jake
I am very happy i found a DALI speaker that has build in AMP and 3.5 RCA conexion
which mean i dont need amp and can easy conect them to PC and they look good.
price 500-600 euro dont come with subwoofer but i can get that later on

What do you think should i get Dali zensor 1AX for pc?

ohiograd06

Grip
Real Name
Shawn
Depending what you want, you can but an amp similar to the one above. I bought an amp made by a company called lypin that is very similar to the one you listed for 15 dollars (US currency). But you can pretty much hook any speakers you want to it. A lot less than you have for a budget, but I bought a sound bar for 35 dollars online as well, and bought a used pioneer subwoofer at good will, which is a second hand store. When I amped the soundbar and sub, they should pretty good for a budget home theater.

But if you have nice speakers, any budget an amp like that should run whatever speakers you desire. I'm surprised those small amps sound as good as they do for the low cost.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks