Good MP3 players? Flash vs HD? I want small.

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Chris PC, Jun 26, 2006.

1. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

I have an iRiver iMP-350 CD based MP3 player and I love the sound quality and the navigation, but the 650-700 MB limitation is causing me to reach my limits with this player. Sure I can carry 2 or 3 extra CDRW's with me, but changing discs on the subway or TTC bus is not fun when its crowded. I use the player on the transit on my way to work when I am not reading or dozing. I love the remote which has such easy navigation. I press a button and the cursor on the tiny display is on the current song and I can go forward or back. I bought a 4GB Sandisk Sansa thinking it would be equally easy to use but it was not. It was so stupid. In order to chose a new song, apart from the usual forward or back which all devices do, I had to press a button, then another button, and then one more button and I was shown the first song in the list regardless of where I was with the current song playing. Totally stupid beyond belief. I returned it. I did like how tiny it was, but the navigation was a nightmare.

Is there any other decent flash based MP3 player out there that works any better than how I describe? Like I said, with my iRiver, you just press one button and you see where you are and can scroll forward or back to chose another song. Anybody have any suggestions?

thanx,

[​IMG]

2. FeisalK

FeisalK Screenwriter

Creative's got this new Zen V (V for five?) that's positively tiny coming out next month

3. Greg_R

Greg_R Screenwriter

Greg
    In terms of sound quality I would only look at iRiver or iPod. There are 2GB Flash players available from both manufacturers. I went with the iRiver since it had an FM tuner (for the gym TVs).

4. Luis Esp

Luis Esp Supporting Actor

I have the 8G Zen MicroPhoto and it's small and I'm really impressed by the sound. I've saved all my mp3s at 192kbps, which gives about 1200 songs.

I would have prefered the Zen Vision M at 30 Gigs, but it's a little bigger to carry around.

5. Leo Kerr

Leo Kerr Screenwriter