What's new

Good MP3 players? Flash vs HD? I want small. (1 Viewer)

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
I have an iRiver iMP-350 CD based MP3 player and I love the sound quality and the navigation, but the 650-700 MB limitation is causing me to reach my limits with this player. Sure I can carry 2 or 3 extra CDRW's with me, but changing discs on the subway or TTC bus is not fun when its crowded. I use the player on the transit on my way to work when I am not reading or dozing. I love the remote which has such easy navigation. I press a button and the cursor on the tiny display is on the current song and I can go forward or back. I bought a 4GB Sandisk Sansa thinking it would be equally easy to use but it was not. It was so stupid. In order to chose a new song, apart from the usual forward or back which all devices do, I had to press a button, then another button, and then one more button and I was shown the first song in the list regardless of where I was with the current song playing. Totally stupid beyond belief. I returned it. I did like how tiny it was, but the navigation was a nightmare.

Is there any other decent flash based MP3 player out there that works any better than how I describe? Like I said, with my iRiver, you just press one button and you see where you are and can scroll forward or back to chose another song. Anybody have any suggestions?

thanx,

:)

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
In terms of sound quality I would only look at iRiver or iPod. There are 2GB Flash players available from both manufacturers. I went with the iRiver since it had an FM tuner (for the gym TVs).

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
I have the 8G Zen MicroPhoto and it's small and I'm really impressed by the sound. I've saved all my mp3s at 192kbps, which gives about 1200 songs.

I would have prefered the Zen Vision M at 30 Gigs, but it's a little bigger to carry around.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks