What's new

Good Morning Miami (1 Viewer)

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
I like this show. Suzanne Pleshet is very funny, as is Brooke Dillman (the nun, a fellow Kansas City'er). And yes, Ashley Williams is adorable in this role.

I'll give the show some time to get it's feet under it. I think it's got a lot of potential.

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
Though there are some hot chiquitas on this show, I was very disappointed in something I saw last night. I watched about 10 minutes of the show for the first time, and the best laugh of what I watched was the joke about "feeling like a giant using the little shampoo bottles in a Hotel." I wonder if they gave Jerry Seinfeld credit in the credits at the end for stealing his joke :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
Blatently stealing jokes word-for-word is pretty poor. Nothing against those that like this show (I hope I'm not thread-farting), but I don't think I'll be supporting this one... :frowning:

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Sitcomes steal jokes and even entire plots all the time. Doesn't bother me too much. I actually thought the nun was funny in last night's show.

Justin1

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, sitcoms consistently steal plotlines and jokes. The key is for the new show to use it in an innovative manner. As of yet, I haven't seen anything innovative about Good Morning Miami.

DeeF

Screenwriter
I'm a gay man.

I'm here to say, Ashley Williams is amazing! The face of God.

I can't imagine how this show can survive, it's the same thing every week.

But Ashley Williams! Ashley Williams!

I can't say her name enough. I've never been taken with an actress this way.

Find her a good show, or make her a movie star, somebody!

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Anyone following this season?

I liked it last season, but they have gotten rid of Suzanne Pleshette, abandoned the main storyline about Jake wanting Dylan, and hired Jillian Barberie as a weather girl. They also had a really unnecessary and embarrassing "Queer Eye..." cameo in the latest episode.

In short, it's a mess so far this season, and I don't think I'll keep watching if they can't find some sort of consistent tone for this show.

Too bad, because I like the characters and the cast, but they just have nothing to do so far this season. And getting rid of Suzanne Pleshette was a BIG mistake IMO.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Which one was Susanne Pleshette, the nun or the Latin anchor?

I've seen the show this season, and the comedy are a little better, but no story quite yet.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Neither. :) She played Jake's grandmother.
They got rid of the nun and the latina anchorwoman in the middle of last season, with no explanation either...

Ivan Lindenfeld

Second Unit
MY wife watched this last week and were like huh? this got renewed?

I am not thread crapping, I promise. I am really curious what is so endearing about this show. He went to NY and Dateline and came back because Tiffany Thiessen screwed things up?

SOrry, that was bad, unfunny, unoriginal. Fuerstein the kiss of death for TV shows? Try Tiffany Amber Thiessen.

I guess this turned into a thread crap a little. SOrry.

Scott>G

Agent
I thought the show was alright last season. They have totally lost me this season. Don't think I will give it another chance. Last weeks storyline was totally not believable. As someone posted above, they have lost the whole premise of the show by having the main characters already hooking up.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
ok i take back my last post.
when mick said.."abandoned the main storyline about Jake wanting Dylan." i thought he meant they are no longer trying to get together.
the main premise of the show in the beginning was for them to fall in love but take a round about way of finally getting together.
so i finally saw a show this season and they are living together. i'm fine with that. last season her being with the shallow anchor was just wrong.

the jokes in this ep seemed to be based on it being funny to be mean and cruel to each other.
plus why does jillien barbarie have to be on this show.
copuldnt for one time a show have a character that is supposed to be a sexy blond also be a smart one?

oh and old "you gave me the assignment/promotion because we are seeing each other. how dare you. don't you have confidence in me?"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks