What's new

Good Morning Miami Changes (1 Viewer)

Don Black

Screenwriter
Anyone notice how they killed (as well they should have) the characters of the hispanic anchorwoman and the weather-nun? They are no longer credited. Also, tonight's episode was a complete rip-off of the Friends episode with the check-list. Still, the show has gotten better. It will be curious if it can survive.

JerryLA

Stunt Coordinator
Don,

I hadn't really noticed it till I read your post but you are right. As far as I'm concerned neither one of those characters brought much to the table. I really like this show,but...., I think if they don't do something more than, boy chases girl, boy can't have girl, boy moves on to another girl, now 1st girl is available, the show will never survive. Of course NBC is at an all time low for comedies. I watched ED regularly until I got so tired of Ed chasing Carol, Carol refusing Ed, that at some point I just said... I don't care. I watch it if nothing else is going on but it is definitely not "must see tv". "Miami" has some interesting possibilities, lets see if they can develop it into something worthwhile, or if they play this boy chasing girl thing into the ground. By the way: Dylan is a stone cold fox!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I much prefer Penny, she's the real gem of the show.

BTW, Ed's has slacked off chasing Carol, so it's safe to go back watching the Stuckeyville zanies again.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Don, yeah I noticed that last week. Personally, I liked those characters because they provided some comedy outside the relationship angle. And the anchorwoman was nice to look at too. :) I really hope they don't get rid of Frank, that character always makes me laugh. I loved the scene of him talking about all the crappy presents he got as a child (empty boxes, twigs), and Jake's aunt gave him a brand new bike... and he gets so excited and runs up to... the box the bike came in. :laugh:

Too bad they got rid of them. Apparently they decided to make Suzanne Pleshette's role bigger, which I don't mind, she's a good comedienne.

I haven't watched last night's episode yet, but I like this show a lot.

/Mike

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Glad the nun is gone. The anchorwoman I thought was too forced. Just cause they're in Miami and all that. Hopefully the show will grow. I only watch it to get a peak at Dylan.

DeeF

Screenwriter
Dylan is wonderful (she's Kimberly Williams' sister).

I just had a wacky idea last night:

Are they setting up Frank and Gavin as maybe, gay?

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
I'm truly sorry if Brooke Dillman has been let go from the show. She had some of the funniest lines I can remember on the show ("A look is like 2nd base to a nun!").

And, as she is a fellow Kansas Citian, and a fellow improviser, I was rooting for her to succeed!

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I just watched last night's episode, and I must say I miss the nun and the anchorwoman more and more... they're too heavy on the relationship stuff without those two. :frowning:

DeeF, I didn't see that setup, just a bit about friendship, but who knows, it's from the guys behind "Will & Grace" after all. :D

Don Black

Screenwriter
I didn't think the written-off characters really added much to the show. They were forced attempts at humor. Kramer was able to pull it off on Seinfeld... I didn't think that these characters were able to though. Everytime I see a "Frank sketch," I keep thinking back to the cancelled sitcom "Something So Right" which aired on NBC I think in the late '90s. His character is so much more pathetic this time over and I always felt that SSR never deserved to be cancelled.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I'm glad they got rid of the nun. They changed her character a few weeks ago so that she was no longer a nun, but she still had that annoying way of talking. I didn't like the hispanic co-host either, but they should have tried tweaking her character before letting her go.

~T

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks