What's new

Good idea to sell Mirage BPS-400 for SVS?? (1 Viewer)

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm just going to stick with the Mirage
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why do I get the feeling that Edwin will always wonder if the SVS sounds better? ;)

Haru

Stunt Coordinator
he'll only wonder until the next hot subwoofer name shows up. THen he'll wonder about that.

Much to be said for knowing when you have a good thing going.

Greg Bright

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregory Bright
Thanks Haru, for writing:
"too easy to get into the trap of feeling left out because you don't have what everyone else is talking about. You really start wondering how good it must be and the worth of what you do have really becomes doubtful. You go and spend xxx dollars in the buying, selling shipping, and then you have to keep the doubts at bay and stop yourself from asking if you're really gained anything. And of course very shortly what you have is not the hot thing anymore, and everyone is saying that this new thing beats that one flat and you're in the cycle once again."

I have a 7 year old DefTech PF-1500 that I know is peaky around 30 Hz, but can really plumb the depths in my 13x19 room. The 1500, along with its DT stablemates and subs from Velodyne, was one of the first true subs. And I keep wondering...what will I really gain/lose by getting back in the buy/sell loop again? Other than another charge on my beloved credit card?

Do today's hot subs really outperform the subs of yore, or are they just better bargains?

Greg

Edwin_H

Stunt Coordinator
to each his own. and i believe i am entitled to think the mirage may not be the best sub for my room. what's the harm in trying out something else? i'd appreciate not being criticized for being curious. i am currently comparing both subs(20 39pc+ and mirage) in my HT room. i will post my impressions/final thoughts on them sometime in the near future. to be continued...

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter
Edwin, I knew you wouldn't be satified without doing a head to head comparison. It's the only way you can be certain you've made the right decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks