What's new

Good Home Theater Receiver (1 Viewer)

Rich_Mex

Auditioning
I am thinking on buying a receiver for my house. I am very new at this and I am sure there must be other options due to the price. I like the DENON AVR 5803A. I think it is expensive. Is there anything similar but much cheaper?

Thanks,

MuneebM

Supporting Actor

You asked if there was anything similar but cheaper, so I listed the cheaper models. The models I listed are all excellent receivers and you'll save a lot of money which you could use towards a separate power amp or other hardware.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
If you are looking at the 5803, I'd really consider separates. I'd never spend that kind of dough on a receiver. Take a look at Rotel, Adcom, maybe Outlaw, and I'm sure others. You might do well to throw out a budget and get some commentary on what is good in your price range.

Rich_Mex

Auditioning
I guess I can tell you what I have that I want to keep. LOL

1 pair of Klipsch RF3

I as every one else think I would like to spend the least and get the most. To give you an idea of my likings I like Yamaha and Denon amps. And my theory is: Louder is better.

I think the max of me spnding on an amp would be realistically 3 grand.

Any ideas?

Rich_Mex

Auditioning
Which is a good internet company where I can see prices and models of different components?

What do you all suggest?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks