What's new

Good Hardware Article at MSNBC (1 Viewer)

Jason Handy

Second Unit
I just read the article as well, but couldn't help but notice the hint of Xbox bias on it. After all, it IS a microsoft web site...but I think they offered a bit too much doom for Nintendo. I personally believe that we will not see a clear leader in the console wars until end of Q1. But that is just my opinion...lets not get into another thread-killing argument over whose console is better. We have hashed it out a zillion times and it is getting old.

Jason

Michael Cook

Stunt Coordinator
I think there is room for all 3 consoles to do well. All 3 are good and aren't going any where.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Is there any way that MSNBC could write an article & say something positive about the Xbox without someone claiming that it was biased?

-Dave

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Nintendo has GBA and Pokemon and Mario and Zelda and such and such to lean back on if they are ever doing bad. They had a great launch, so there is already a nice sized established user base.

Microsoft had an amazingly excellent launch and has already brought consoles things that people never knew they wanted (such as the overall experience of HALO) and has broken new ground in terms of hardware (built-in HDD and ethernet). They have Sega on their side a LOT, so they won't be going anywhere.

Sony dominates the market (as can be seen by the winter sales charts) plus they have a bunch of big name titles coming this year (both original ones and sequels). They have a HUGE installed base, so they won't be going anywhere.

If anyone dies out, I would have to say the most likely right now is Nintendo simply because none of their big games are coming out, whereas Sony just got at least a dozen or so great games in the last few months and MS has a bunch great games coming this spring. The next really big GameCube game is Mario Sunshine, slated for Spring/Summer 2002 in Japan.

My point? They're not the only ones who think Nintendo has the best chance of dying out first. Then again, anyone who's seen Mario and Zelda game sales in the first week or so of a release would understand why they won't die. They could make a console with just Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon and still survive.

Dan B

Screenwriter
:confused:
Was that really you, Morgan?
It was a bit scary when Peter Moore mentioned the possibility of Nintendo getting out of the hardware business so soon after the Gamecube launch! please read article before taking that the wrong way...
-Dan

Kip

Stunt Coordinator
I didn't find the article biased or particularly pro Microsoft. I just didn't think it offered any real news. Sony has a huge lead and a big headstart. Microsoft is hoping for a big launch in Japan on the heels of a great US launch. Nintendo is relying on the release of its big name franchises to drive sales. Um...Steve Kent could have visited this forum and written that article without having to talk to all those retailers, execs, and editors. :)
Kip

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks