Good Guys and Klipsch Synergy series?

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Chris Shelly, Mar 9, 2003.

1. Chris Shelly

Chris Shelly Second Unit

I have noticed that every Synergy Series speaker model being sold at goodguys.com is now out of stock. I know they will no longer be selling them but I did not realize it would be this soon. Best Buy will not start selling them until Memorial Day. Will the Good Guys get more in or is this it?

2. MatthewJ S

MatthewJ S Supporting Actor

There is a hot debate on the Klipsch Forum(under general questions) as to what is going on ...from the point of view of the dealers, many may not carry the ref line because they feel that not being able to demonstrate the sonic improvement over the synergys that only bb will carry will limit their ability to step-up their customers. They also believe that Klipsch may have to put soooo much effort into producing the lower-quality products for Musac and bb thjat the ref and heritage products will decline...many retailers are blowing-out the synergy line in an effort to take momentum from bb and fill the market for those customers with a smaller budjet.....I HAVE SEEN POSTINGS REGAURDING THE SMELL OF TIJUANA BEING IN THE AIR! ....I hope they don't go the way of others who have gone before.....

3. Chris Shelly

Chris Shelly Second Unit

Yeah,

I just finished reading every post. I find Klipsch's marketing strategy very interesting. I guess time will tell if it will work or not.

I guess the big question is what will happen to the Synergy line when it is being sold at Best Buy? Will it be the same as it is now or will it get even cheaper not only in price but quality? I hope it the same product it is now but perhaps a little cheaper because of Best Buy's massive buying power.

What gets me is Best Buy is not going to sell the Synergy line until late May or June. The Good Guys has already phased them out. This leaves a 2 month gap in coverage. This is not good marketing at all for Klipsch.

Chris

4. MatthewJ S

MatthewJ S Supporting Actor

The buzz I'm getting from other retailers is that no one is happy with what will be happening or with the real or percieved/imagined downturn this represents for Klipsch....
    The word is that no one would have dared suggest this while the old man was alive and that the younger owners are cashing-in/out....Dealers are worried that without having the synergy series that BB has , they won't be able to demonstrate to their customers how VERY MUCH better the REF line is and that with the production ramp up that will be required to fill the Muzac AND BB ORDERS , the refs may be as short in supply as the Heritage line has been lately...
    With Tweeter and Magnolia (amongst others) in full-fledged "DISSIN' KLIPSCH" mode and just about every salesman PISSED , I think their rep will be circlin' the drain before bb even has it on their shelves...and without the snot-nosed kids there even being able to do an A/B comparison, It will be price that sells there....

5. Chris Shelly

Chris Shelly Second Unit

Because of all this marketing garbage Klipsch is putting on I am thinking about scratching them off my list.

Best Buy is the WalMart of consumer electronics. The Synergy line is not highly rated in both sound and value. They are not bad speakers but you can do a lot better for less money. I would think your typical Best Buy customer would pass right by the Klipsch wall the second they saw the prices.

Now they might be on to something if they sell the Synergy line at Best Buy for less they they are currently going for as long as they don't change the quality. Unfortunately that is one of the debates is they will change the quality. If not now then later.

Other speaker models are am considering is Wharfedale and Axiom. I am building a 7.1 system so I will need a lot of speakers. I can get a complete Wharfedale set for about $1,600. The 7.1 Axiom set comes to about $2,200. For the Klipsch Reference it is $3,600 and the Synergy's it is about $2,500.

Chris

6. Jeff_Garcia

Jeff_Garcia Agent

the new reference line is basically an upgrade to the synergy. The prices of the new ref line will cost the same as the synergies that was being sold before. "the RB-75 and RB-35, 6.5-inches for the RB-25, and 5.25-inches for the RB-15. Tentative U.S. MSRPs for these models are $1,200/pr., $600/pr., $400/pr. and $300/pr". The SB-3 monitor cost $429 retail. It wouldnt make sense to put synergy and the new ref line in the same price category. Ofcourse bestbuy will sell them cheap. Probably 50% off the retail price. good luck

7. Mikel.S

Mikel.S Extra

I paid $419 for my RB-35's online, local store wanted $699.

8. DanaA

DanaA Screenwriter

In my Good Guys ad in today's paper, the Klipsch
    Reference 3II's and the RB-3's are on sale for half price, respectively $424 and $324 a pair. Actually, you could get your front and rear channels for under $750 this way from an authorized dealer. Add a center for, let's say, $300 and you're set to go.

To top it off, looks like you'll get 30 months no interest payment deal too.