What's new

Good GunCon 2 deal (1 Viewer)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Hey gang,

Electronics Boutique just lowered the price of Ninja Assault with GunCon 2 to $50, plus on the January coupon sheet (available in the store) there's a coupon for $10 off, for a price of $40!

The bad news is that I found out when I got home that the original GunCon is NOT compatible with Ninja Assault--the game doesn't recognize the controller port unless it's a regular controller. It only looks for a light gun in the USB port. (I was hoping for some 2-player simultaneous action.)

Anyone know if there's a PS2 gun on the market which is compatible with both the controller port GunCon and the USB GunCon 2?

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Update: I've given the game a try, and despite the incredibly bizarre premise, I give Ninja Assault a thumbs-up. (Assuming you like light-gun games, of course!) It's pretty fun.

PerryD

Supporting Actor
I love my gun games, but the premise of shooting Ninjas(?) gave me pause. I'm still waiting for the rumored Virtua Cop 1 & 2 package for the PS2. Namco should just put out something along the lines of a "best-of" Point Blank, or a Point Blank collection for the PS2, if only so I don't have to put in my PS1 memory card to play the game on my PS2.

Coincindentally, I did however just pick up "Dino Stalker" for $30 at Gamestop over the weekend. I am pretty impressed with it so far, it was interesting using the joypad on the back on the gun to move around. Graphics were a bit rough for the PS2, but did the job.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
the premise of shooting Ninjas(?) gave me pause
It makes absolutely no sense!!! However, the gameplay is definitely there, so I can get by the gun-totin' ninja.

If you like gun games, it's definitely worth picking up.

I agree that a PS2 edition of Point Blank would be cool. Of course, EB sells PB3 with the original GunCon for $20 new!

PerryD

Supporting Actor
I play my gun games on my 12 year old Pioneer 50" set. It works beautifully. I don't think the guns work on the new HDTVs though, unless the TV has a "game" setting that will switch to interlaced mode. I saw a Panasonic HD set that had this capability.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
A 'Best Of' collection for the PS2 has come out in Japan. It has all 3 Point Blank games, plus Time Crisis, on one disc.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Aaron,
I have no frickin idea if they are GunCon2 compatible. It sure would seem dumb if they are not, because I seriously doubt if it would take modifying much code.
The good folks at http://www.ncsx.com may be able to answer.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Well, it's pretty dumb that Ninja Assault recognizes a regular controller in the controller port, but NOT a GunCon 1. That didn't stop 'em! ;)

Dean Kousoulas

Second Unit
The ultimate gun game is Point Blank. My EB store just got Point Blank 3 in with the GunCon 1 for $20! Forget Mario Party 4...Point Blank is the only party game you should be playing. Certain PS2 gun games (like Time Crisis 2) support the GunCon 1, and you got other PS1 gun games, so for $20 it's a steal.

Dean

James D S

Screenwriter
I'm also having a blast with Ninja Assault. I recently went lightgun crazy and picked up Ninja Assault w/Guncon2, Time Crisis 2, and Dino Stalker but am playing more NA then any of the others.

Now if I can just find the Vampire game...

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
My EB has had the Point Blank 3 with GunCon at $20 for a couple of months. I already have PB 2, so I'd rather put the $20 towards a gun that I can use will all the PS1 and PS2 games I already have.

I saw a MadCatz gun the other day for $30. Anyone tried it? I've had good luck with MadCatz controllers in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.