Good Front Speaker match for Axioms

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by chris_steltz, Mar 19, 2005.

1. chris_steltz

chris_steltz Agent

Im looking to get a new set of Floor standing front speakers for my setup. Currently I have the Axiom vp150 for the center and the MT3i axioms for the sorrounds. I am using a set of Polk RTi1000's for the fronts now. THey are good but dont match the axioms super well. Im looking to spend about 1200 on a new set of fronts. What should I look at. Im pwoering them with a Parasound 855a. Thanks

2. JessyMcK

JessyMcK Agent

why not buy axioms? m80ti for $1240

3. chris_steltz

chris_steltz Agent

are they good speakers? I havent heard anything either way compared to similar models.

4. Jeff-0

Jeff-0 Stunt Coordinator

Wow you are missing the obvious here, go for the Axiom M60's they are incredible speakers.

5. chris_steltz

chris_steltz Agent

I thought it was the obvious choice either the 60's or the 80's but i didnt know if there was any better bang for my buck. I was just doing my research on it.

6. ChrisCan

ChrisCan Agent

Well there might be a better bang for the buck, you definitly want to get something to match your other speakers. Different speakers have different sound characteristics even within the same brands and models.
    I think your choice is obvious. Axiom.
    I assume you are happy with your current Axioms

7. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Chris:

I agree. I would stick with the Axioms for your fronts. Have you emailed the guys at Axioms and talked them about your present setup and what they would recommend? I know they will not oversell you and who knows they may even offer you a deal since you already have the center and rears. I would suggest the M80ti towers too.

Parker

8. MikeNg

MikeNg Second Unit

It's really important that you try to match the 'voice' of your front channel speakers as best as possible, in order to create a 'seamless soundstage'. Best way to do that is to get speakers from the same company/line. I'd stick with Axiom, and mains that use the same drivers as the vp150 center.

If this is for HT mainly, I'd get the M22ti's and add a sub from SVS, Hsu, Onix (don't know if you already have a sub yet). If you plan to do some 2-channel listening, then getting the towers will be of more value to you.

My 2 cents...

Mike