What's new

Good free site for webhosting? (1 Viewer)

Brian Ruth

Supporting Actor
I've been planning for some time to put up some pictures of my home entertainment system, and now that I've taken them (thanks to a nice digital camera I got as a Christmas present), I was wondering what web sites would be good for hosting.

Any suggestions for free hosting sites? If not free, any good ones for ~$5-8 a month?

Brian Ruth

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the rec, Travis.....

I was looking along the lines of a more full-featured site.

I'd like to put some text up with the pictures, possibly add some extra stuff (DVD reviews and a GTA:VC guide are the 2 things I'm looking at to start).

Mike LS

Supporting Actor
Try www.geocities.com

You get 15mb of free space. It's ad supported, but it's not too invasive. You can use your own editor or their version. A bit slow if you use your own software, but it will work.

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
Does your ISP provide you with free space for a personal home page? Many do. I get 5MB space free from Road Runner.

Andre F

Screenwriter
Any suggestions for free hosting sites? If not free, any good ones for ~$5-8 a month?
I've been using OLM.net since July and I've had very problems with them (only real on was getting my domain which you can but through them for like $25.00). Only $9.95 and month and I get tons of e-mail addresses and 75mb (it goes very quicky believe me) of web space. Plus it tends to be very fast and support is 24 hours and they are good. Check out the site in my sig if you like...

Andy_S

Second Unit
This may be what you're looking for:

ArisHost

It's only $30 per YEAR and it includes your own domain name (they register it for you), 30MB of web space, 5 email accounts (ending in your domain name), FTP accounts, and 500MB/Month bandwidth. If that fits your needs, then give them a try. I use them for my personal site and it's more than enough for me.

They've been moving to a new data center so things have been a little funky, but that will pass soon.

Brian Ruth

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the suggestions, guys.

I just put my page up on GeoCities. Click on the My Home Theater hyperlink in my sig if you want to check it out. :D

Chris Moe

Screenwriter
Looks like I'm a little late but maybe someone else will find this usefull. I use http://www.nexpoint.net 500MB of space (no that's not a typo), unlimited bandwidth, unlimited email accounts, free domain registration, other various goodies that the techie types would like, cgi/Perl, server side includes, etc. If pay for a year up front its $8.25 a month. There costumer service isn't the best I've seen but they have always addressed my issues, I just wish they were faster about it, but I can be impatient :).

They have cheaper one with 50MB of space and less goodies for $4.25 a month.

I'm really happy with them and for the amount of webspace you get its a great deal.

You can check out my site if you want at www.moesrealm.com

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks