Good forum practice?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Iain, Sep 9, 2002.

1. Iain

Iain Agent

I've never used an internet forum before so my question may seem a little naive ...

I'd like to seek recommendations on a complete HT set-up, but broken down by TV, speakers, receiver, and DVD-player. Would it be better to post four new threads in the four relevant Home Theater Hardware forums, or just one post in one of them (and if so which one)?

Cheers, Iain

2. Andrew Chong

Andrew Chong Supporting Actor

Welcome aboard, Iain.

I'd suggest that you incorporate your requests within one thread. That way, the membership can also make suggestions on equipment that will jive well with one another.

3. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
  4. Iain

Iain Agent

5. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

i think it's okay to do a double-whammy.

1. post an initial question in the basics forum. you'll probably get some generalized answers.

2. post component specifc questions in the appropriate forum - speaker suggestions in the speaker forum, etc.

also - be sure to use the search function at the top of each forum. just look up "recommend", "suggest" or other suitable words. i guarantee you any recommend type question you may have has already been asked!

ted

6. Iain

Iain Agent

That's a nice idea Ted. I'll see how my post goes in the basics forum over the next few days, then seek opinions on specific models in the component forums maybe next week.
    Cheers, Iain